Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

My current dogs are pit bull terriers, and they look and sound impressive! How either would actually act in a real situation? Haven't tested them.
Our Chesapeake Bay Retrievers would act, after sounding very impressive too. I took one of them through a passive protection class, and she was a star!
Our plan is to never need to be in a real situation...
Mary
Bullies are so are awesome! We have pit bull/bull terrier mixes. My son came in late one night to pick up his daughter. He said he's glad he and Frank know each other because that growl coming out of the dark made his skin crawl.

Im brand new here and pretty sure I can’t offer anything new or enlightening. I’m in Canada, northern Ontario. Things aren’t as crazy here as other places but I still can’t find TP in my little town. Shelves are empty of canned goods and soups. The majority of people though have been observing social distancing, it probably helps that I’m in a farming community. I moved here 4 months ago, and worked for myself as a house cleaner. With schools closed I now can’t work and am home educating my 4 year old. I have no friends, and can’t see my parents. My husband is still working (mining industry), and has friends on our street that he goes to see. My resentment about this is high. I have no one. I miss my old home and my old work with a dozen employees who were all like family. My brightest spot are my little almost two week old chickies. They’re honestly my favourite parts of the day!
Hey there! I’m also northern Ontario, Thunder Bay, whereabouts are you? Theres a thread just for us, called “Canadians check in here” if you’re interested...I’d send a link but don’t know how!

Gator used to do that too!! He would lunge at the window and put his feet up on it and be going BALLISTIC!! He was actually quite scary in full protection mode 😂 he even put on his big, deep, scary, aggressive bark. But once they were inside, he was fine and wanted to be besties and he loved everyone on walks, especially kids. Had no problems with strangers but was very protective and territorial. I have no doubt he would have given his life to protect any one of us.

I should also note we have a big bay window in the porch room and the house is higher than the garden so when you’re walking up, he looked even bigger than he was! Especially since he would stand in it. And he was like ~140 lb Black Lab/Great Pyrenees mix so already plenty big enough and tall enough without the added height of the window! 😂 He scared quite a few delivery people 😂
Awe, he sounds like a great guy!

Hey there! I’m also northern Ontario, Thunder Bay, whereabouts are you? Theres a thread just for us, called “Canadians check in here” if you’re interested...I’d send a link but don’t know how!
I tagged her for you in that thread.

What do flying figs look like 🦖
1586312106611.png

I got so close to the baby beaver, I could have picked it up!

Beavers are so cute... and then maybe one day you're out in your coop, and you hear a tree go crashing down, and you find that one of your willow trees is now lying across a creek because yup, a beaver, chewed it down. :hmm

It's about how this is impacting our lives, what we are worried about, not the lives of random people we read about on the internet.

Aren't we technically all random people on the internet?? This is something that I am worried about, something that could impact my life... just because it doesn't impact everyone in the same way doesn't mean it doesn't impact some people more than others.

Back
Top Bottom