Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

While, my husband and I are committed to doing are part and staying home, I do find it incredibly stressful being stuck at home all the time. I miss having a home that is just a home. It used to be a sanctuary where I could disconnect from some of the other stressors in my life. But now that my home is also where I am expected to do all my professional work (and I work a job that is very poorly suited to telework but I have to telework anyway) and the place where I do all my dissertation research and writing and the place where I do all my regular academic coursework, plus chores, cooking daily life etc. it doesn't feel very sanctuary like. And it makes it almost impossible to get any mental (or physical) distance from work and school obligations. And that is really bad for one's mental health. I am not excusing those that fail to social distance. But please try to empathize with those of us that are really struggling with having to collapse together all the diverse aspects of our life into a single small space. It doesn't mean that we do not love our homes or families.
:goodpost:

The Walmart bags or the grow pots? I’d like to try the grow pot things but the Walmart bag idea intrigued me but I’d rather not go to Walmart. I might just try feed bags and what pots we have here. And some in ground.
Any shopping bag that's reusable

Just verifying. My husband said the quarantine has gotten extended til end of May. Are they just doing little extensions so people don’t freak out if they had told em from the start that the quarantine would be 6 months (just said a random number)

Edited to add: or is this only in GA? Or nationwide? Thanks!!

While, my husband and I are committed to doing are part and staying home, I do find it incredibly stressful being stuck at home all the time. I miss having a home that is just a home. It used to be a sanctuary where I could disconnect from some of the other stressors in my life. But now that my home is also where I am expected to do all my professional work (and I work a job that is very poorly suited to telework but I have to telework anyway) and the place where I do all my dissertation research and writing and the place where I do all my regular academic coursework, plus chores, cooking daily life etc. it doesn't feel very sanctuary like. And it makes it almost impossible to get any mental (or physical) distance from work and school obligations. And that is really bad for one's mental health. I am not excusing those that fail to social distance. But please try to empathize with those of us that are really struggling with having to collapse together all the diverse aspects of our life into a single small space. It doesn't mean that we do not love our homes or families.
I honestly don't get how people get irritated with their family and they can't handle their family though, that makes no sense to me.

I would spend every waking moment with my family and I really like this time that we get to spend together.

I absolutely love my home and my family, there is no other place I would rather be than at my home with my family. Everything that I need is at my home.

I was probably brought up a lot different than many people and our family was very close when I was a child and growing up. I always wanted to spend time with my parents and my siblings. I am brought up on different values and beliefs than probably some other people.

I just don't see how people could be hating their families or their home because they are locked up in it for a couple of weeks or a month.

Life will return back to normal and people will be able to get away from their families and their home, they just have to hold it down for a little while.

Back
Top Bottom