Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Yours MUST be related to mine! Hardest da** critter I've had to deal with yet. :rant
They make wild bunnies and deer look like proper lawn decorations because at least those stay off the porch and decks.

I've gotten nearly all the ones that came over from the neighboring proprties bank, but I have one very wise, very wily, older female living under the back porch. Gives me the stink eye everytime I see her, then runs inder the porch edge and laughs her butt off at me.
:lau :gig :lau I am dying laughing picturing this!!

I honestly don't get how people get irritated with their family and they can't handle their family though, that makes no sense to me.

I would spend every waking moment with my family and I really like this time that we get to spend together.

I absolutely love my home and my family, there is no other place I would rather be than at my home with my family. Everything that I need is at my home.

I was probably brought up a lot different than many people and our family was very close when I was a child and growing up. I always wanted to spend time with my parents and my siblings. I am brought up on different values and beliefs than probably some other people.

I just don't see how people could be hating their families or their home because they are locked up in it for a couple of weeks or a month.

Life will return back to normal and people will be able to get away from their families and their home, they just have to hold it down for a little while.

To be clear, I am NOT one of those people that is upset by having to spend time with family. DH is my best friend in the entire world. But at the same time, I cannot help but be aware that the reason he am I are spending so much time together at home, is because he is on furlough (without pay) from his job and that is stressful too. I because I am very close with my family, I also miss getting together with other members of my family like my parents, brother, sister in law, nephews and nieces. I talk to them often on the phone, but I miss getting together in person.

And I think it is awesome that you have "everything you need" at home. That is a real tribute to how hard you have worked at homesteading. But a lot of us are not in the same situation. I certainly am not. I don't have archaeological collections, or reference libraries or lab spaces or a myriad of other things I need to do my job and my research. Yet I am expected to make progress on both anyways. And that is hard and stressful. I am 110% committed to self isolation for the sake of myself and others. But I can't say I am enjoying in the slightest. And I really don't think that is a negative reflection on me.

Tough one, CSAchook! Can you switch between locations for various tasks so you at least get that change of scene? Some time on a patio or backyard? Some time in the kitchen alternated with time in a bedroom? Some time with your husband and some time in separate rooms?

Thanks :hugsDH isn't the problem, he is an angel. And I am trying to mix it up with locations. We just don't have a ton of space. And worst, my home office is full of baby chicks :lol:

Ha the yearlings are still nimble enough to chimb trees. Which is handy, the dog runs them up and I take care of them. I would prefer if they would stay out in the old pasture and forest preserve next door. But they insist on digging under foundations and eating gardens. They can climb a 4ft chicken wire fence around the garden, if it's taunt. Floppy fence gives them problems
Ground Hogs (or Whistle Pigs where I grew up) can cause major problems for horses and cattle when the latter inadvertently step into their holes.

To be clear, I am NOT one of those people that is upset by having to spend time with family. DH is my best friend in the entire world. But at the same time, I cannot help but be aware that the reason he am I are spending so much time together at home, is because he is on furlough (without pay) from his job and that is stressful too. I because I am very close with my family, I also miss getting together with other members of my family like my parents, brother, sister in law, nephews and nieces. I talk to them often on the phone, but I miss getting together in person.

And I think it is awesome that you have "everything you need" at home. That is a real tribute to how hard you have worked at homesteading. But a lot of us are not in the same situation. I certainly am not. I don't have archaeological collections, or reference libraries or lab spaces or a myriad of other things I need to do my job and my research. Yet I am expected to make progress on both anyways. And that is hard and stressful. I am 110% committed to self isolation for the sake of myself and others. But I can't say I am enjoying in the slightest. And I really don't think that is a negative reflection on me.

Thanks :hugsDH isn't the problem, he is an angel. And I am trying to mix it up with locations. We just don't have a ton of space. And worst, my home office is full of baby chicks :lol:
:hugs :hugs :hugs I knew what you meant and it it is totally understandable!! It will get better soon though if everyone keeps up the social distancing. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom