Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

91022261_3438951446131427_7681467975748026368_o.jpg

To be clear, I am NOT one of those people that is upset by having to spend time with family. DH is my best friend in the entire world. But at the same time, I cannot help but be aware that the reason he am I are spending so much time together at home, is because he is on furlough (without pay) from his job and that is stressful too. I because I am very close with my family, I also miss getting together with other members of my family like my parents, brother, sister in law, nephews and nieces. I talk to them often on the phone, but I miss getting together in person.

And I think it is awesome that you have "everything you need" at home. That is a real tribute to how hard you have worked at homesteading. But a lot of us are not in the same situation. I certainly am not. I don't have archaeological collections, or reference libraries or lab spaces or a myriad of other things I need to do my job and my research. Yet I am expected to make progress on both anyways. And that is hard and stressful. I am 110% committed to self isolation for the sake of myself and others. But I can't say I am enjoying in the slightest. And I really don't think that is a negative reflection on me.

Thanks :hugsDH isn't the problem, he is an angel. And I am trying to mix it up with locations. We just don't have a ton of space. And worst, my home office is full of baby chicks :lol:
I'm always getting lectured or told I should be some way on here. I didn't know I had so many mom's 😂😂😂

Me too! [And should I admit in public that they were on a counter in my kitchen? :oops: ] [ Well, at least not where I was cooking kitchen.]

But I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Although sweeping up was a constant occupation and the odor got intense if I wasn't changing bedding like every 48 hours, they were raised up at roughly shoulder height and got really friendly. My grandson ate it all up with a spoon. And when it was over, it was over.

If I do it again I will definitely have to figure out how to line their wire kennel with something that prevents them from kicking out the pine Every. Bloody. Minute. Maybe I'll make a see though vinyl liner that goes up the sides 12" or something. But, other than that, it was a rare opportunity to share space with 1000% adorable. Correction: 10000% adorable!
OMG!!! I thought I was bad commandeering almost the entire laundry room for mine 😂🙈 they outgrew their stock tank brooder lol couldn’t do laundry for a while with all the dust 😂
Yeah, I am definitely not keeping them inside that long! I am just trying to get everybody healthy and vigorous before they go outside. I had one that had really bad shipping stress and another recently developed a vent issue but I think (fingers crossed) those two problem babies are on the mend now.
Yeah, with mine it was mostly just because I didn’t have an area ready for them yet. :lau :oops:

Plus I had gone on vacation so didn’t want to move them out yet.

The batch before them though, I moved outside at like a week old. :lau

My first batch was going to be in the garage but ended up being inside for 3 weeks 😂🙈

And then after that it was the garage but I carried them outside to a run for the day and then back in at night every single day until 7 weeks old 😂

That was a huge pain in the rear.

All future chicks will definitely be outside 😂

Bushes or from seed? My mother in law has a grape bush or tree whatever it’s called. And the first year it finally produced was the first year I got chickens and they ate all the grapes!! I don’t know if any will grow this year but so far they haven’t free ranged in a month or so since I wanted to be sure the right rooster fertilized the eggs.
I have five grapes and five nanny berries, but I'm giving some of the nanny berries to my mom.

They're bare roots. I haven't even planted them yet

Back
Top Bottom