Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Well, I was coming on to brag about how great my house smells with cinnamon bread cooking, but I buzzed by my email before popping over here and just got word the hubby of a friend is in ICU and on a ventilator.
I don't know her really well, and I haven't met him yet, but dang....
Wow.. that hits home...
Once you start to have some sort of connection to a person that has it, it totally changes how you think about it. It’s not “I hope nobody I know gets it” it’s “I hope they don’t die”. I know someone through the vine that has it, and he’s a kid so his parents who are even closer to me in the vine will probably get it... thats just crazy to me.

On a different note, cinnamon buns sound delicious. Did they come out good?

I’m wondering when and how this whole pandemic will end ? The Spanish flu lasted two years and then was just gone
The swine flu lasted months

Realistically nobody can say for sure. Until we have a vaccine there will still be susceptible individuals and most likely asymptomatic carriers shedding the virus. Testing of EVERYONE will help define who is still vulnerable, but the probability of that is minimal. 'Normal' is not returning for a long time.

Realistically nobody can say for sure. Until we have a vaccine there will still be susceptible individuals and most likely asymptomatic carriers shedding the virus. Testing of EVERYONE will help define who is still vulnerable, but the probability of that is minimal. 'Normal' is not returning for a long time.
Definitely agree. Sometimes people I talk to point out the swift recovery of certain countries such as South Korea, but if you compare them with America you will see that Americans will not have the same experience. Americans, on average, are a lot less healthy. Americans are also very proud of their ability to choose, so many disregard CDC recommendations, as seen with those kids in Florida. Americans also have little to no access to testing or treatment in many areas, and a large portion of America still has to go to work even if they are sick. It’s a mess, and every little thing like that is going to affect how long it’ll last here. In other countries, there have been reports of less cases, but we’ll see.

Edit: I realized after posting (oh, my ignorant brain) that many of you do not live in America. How are things going in your country, if so? Based off what I’ve said, how does your experience compare?

I have heard that a woman gave the virus to her dog. Just the other day it was reported that a caretaker at a zoo spread it to tigers in her care.

I would think they should euthanize the animals to prevent it from jumping to another type of animal. Every time a virus jumps it makes it much more difficult to figure out what will be coming from it.

I understand the worry about it jumping again. I think study of the animals is important too though. It would be good to know if they CAN get it and then IF they can transmit it.

No wonder they don't live as long as women.
Or all the videos I see on America’s Funniest Home Videos of people, often guys, doing idiotic and dangerous things
Lot's of YouTube and FB videos 'why women live longer than men, fail' I was going to post one when I saw Diva's post but some people don't like seeing them I know DW doesn't. I'll try to show one to her check out this dummy, she says NO! I don't watch that crap don't know how they even can post them they get seriously injured or die in those vids!..
Ever watch 'Ridiculousness' on MTV?, loved that show . Man there are some dumb people out there 😆

Wow.. that hits home...
Once you start to have some sort of connection to a person that has it, it totally changes how you think about it. It’s not “I hope nobody I know gets it” it’s “I hope they don’t die”. I know someone through the vine that has it, and he’s a kid so his parents who are even closer to me in the vine will probably get it... thats just crazy to me.

On a different note, cinnamon buns sound delicious. Did they come out good?
Bread, and yes, it came out really good, thanks for asking. Though after I posted that everyone had to go and start posting about bacon, sausage and eggs, and all kinds of yummy things that make my bread taste a little flat. :hmm

We are a family at risk so I took this very seriously waaaaaayyyyy before anyone else in my area did because I understand viruses more than most. Back more towards the beginning of the thread I posted how I yanked my kiddo out of school early before there were even discussions on closing school, and it's been dreadful watching this creep closer, and closer, then overtake my area. I've also been the one lecturing family members to take this seriously and quit driving all over town and acting like this is a simple flu. It's been driving my bonkers to see my neighbors being so blase about this whole thing and I expect someone I know personally will probably lose their life.
(that is not meant to sound harsh to you, I'm frustrated by the situation)

I still want some bacon though.... :drool

I understand the worry about it jumping again. I think study of the animals is important too though. It would be good to know if they CAN get it and then IF they can transmit it.
The NatGeo article I read about the tiger in NY that tested positive stated that other tigers were also sick as were a few of the lions. They are concerned about the great apes and that's the last I've seen on the transmission at the zoo. I'm concerned it might transfer to domestic cats...especially since the latest word is they can't narrow down the origination if it was a bat, pangolin, or possibly a civet cat.

We FaceTimed my MIL last night so that she could see the farm, ducklings internally pipped in their egg, and all of our furry animals. She didn't like when we showed her the bearded dragon 😂 It was nice to be able to see her face and make her day because she is in lockdown due to her age.

In other news...

Meet our new boys, Ozzy and Dio. They're Deathlayers. We rehomed Squatch yesterday. Long story short... He was too big for our girls and causing pain when he'd jump on them to mate. Instead of finding injured hens someday, our family made a decision to re-home him.

20200409__01.jpg

20200409_.jpg

Lot's of YouTube and FB videos 'why women live longer than men, fail' I was going to post one when I saw Diva's post but some people don't like seeing them I know DW doesn't. I'll try to show one to her check out this dummy, she says NO! I don't watch that crap don't know how they even can post them they get seriously injured or die in those vids!..
Ever watch 'Ridiculousness' on MTV?, loved that show . Man there are some dumb people out there 😆
Women live longer than men, because you gals kill us over time, in the long run! :gig

Back
Top Bottom