Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Did I tell you guys I finally set my eggs in the incubator? (sorry if I did)
Last night's candle was day 3 and even kiddo was excited to see veiny blobs in the eggs. A few were questionable so I rechecked them a little while ago and there were strong veins in them tonight. And, I can see tiny eye spots on a few of the other eggs too.

Can't believe I waited so long to get an incubator. Now I know why many of you are addicted to incubating eggs. *cough* Krista *cough* 😋
I just bought another incubator!
20200527_012553.jpg

Again here on the East coast most folks have gotten the message. We have peaked, and incidence APPEARS to be decreasing. A gradual, intelligent, reopening is underway . Elsewhere in the country there are states with increasing cases - they really thought they would get away unscathed ? By the end of the day the country will have experienced more than 100,000 deaths. All of those people were loved by someone, and most died alone and in isolation. :(

My city/county is one of those with increasing cases right now, it's a pretty bad uptick. :( I have been taking this seriously since January. Started stocking up groceries and supplies in February. Been wearing a mask since March. Everything that I worried about has tended to happen.

Me and a coworker kind of teamed up together. We both have very similar health issues and we both shared the same concerns about it. Everyone thought we were crazy for being worried, they laughed at us! I'm thankful that I have had her to talk with this whole time about what's going on locally and at work etc. Sometimes it feels like we are the only ones with a lick of sense.

Part of the problem I think is that we closed early. We had very few cases, few hospitalizations, few deaths. The number of tests being done was very low, like a handful per day. By the time we reopened it seemed like it was way overblown and all these misleading bits of info floating around had taken root. By the last week of April people acted like it was over. Everything is open now, restrictions (if there are any) aren't enforced. So 50% or less wear masks or social distance, some people intentionally invade your space or intentionally enter places that request those safety measures in order to be a nuisance, and some people openly ridicule those trying to be safe. They flaunt their 'freedom'. I had a conversation the other day with a young man who said "I don't care I'm not going to wear a mask, it is my right to live as I choose and it doesn't kill the young so it doesn't matter to me".

I don't know if people are behaving like that everywhere. But in the last 4 weeks we have gone from 1-2 new cases per day to 50-70 new cases per day and the number of total cases quadrupled and ICU numbers going up too. I used to say that people wouldn't change their ways or their thinking until the numbers go up or it directly affects them. Now our numbers are going way up and even less people are wearing masks etc. People are actually saying "Our numbers are up but we only have a few deaths that says this ain't that bad". I'm starting to believe they wont change until they themselves are in the hospital. :( It breaks my heart to see the carelessness and hate going on right now.

Sorry for the book, I had to get that out because I don't think people understand what's going on and nothing I do changes anything from what's coming.

My city/county is one of those with increasing cases right now, it's a pretty bad uptick. :( I have been taking this seriously since January. Started stocking up groceries and supplies in February. Been wearing a mask since March. Everything that I worried about has tended to happen.

Me and a coworker kind of teamed up together. We both have very similar health issues and we both shared the same concerns about it. Everyone thought we were crazy for being worried, they laughed at us! I'm thankful that I have had her to talk with this whole time about what's going on locally and at work etc. Sometimes it feels like we are the only ones with a lick of sense.

Part of the problem I think is that we closed early. We had very few cases, few hospitalizations, few deaths. The number of tests being done was very low, like a handful per day. By the time we reopened it seemed like it was way overblown and all these misleading bits of info floating around had taken root. By the last week of April people acted like it was over. Everything is open now, restrictions (if there are any) aren't enforced. So 50% or less wear masks or social distance, some people intentionally invade your space or intentionally enter places that request those safety measures in order to be a nuisance, and some people openly ridicule those trying to be safe. They flaunt their 'freedom'. I had a conversation the other day with a young man who said "I don't care I'm not going to wear a mask, it is my right to live as I choose and it doesn't kill the young so it doesn't matter to me".

I don't know if people are behaving like that everywhere. But in the last 4 weeks we have gone from 1-2 new cases per day to 50-70 new cases per day and the number of total cases quadrupled and ICU numbers going up too. I used to say that people wouldn't change their ways or their thinking until the numbers go up or it directly affects them. Now our numbers are going way up and even less people are wearing masks etc. People are actually saying "Our numbers are up but we only have a few deaths that says this ain't that bad". I'm starting to believe they wont change until they themselves are in the hospital. :( It breaks my heart to see the carelessness and hate going on right now.

Sorry for the book, I had to get that out because I don't think people understand what's going on and nothing I do changes anything from what's coming.
:hugs

I think a lot of us are confused at the mish mosh of reactions that we see out there and disheartened by the selfishness so many proudly display. You are not alone in that and I'm glad you and a coworker have one another.

I have suggested this before but, in your neck of the woods it seems "very appropriate" now, the 'freedom' minority are very likely also the Darwin Award contenders in waiting. It's sad and simoltaniously bizarre to watch these folks choose the "keep the blinders on" and run like those little creatures toward the cliff and hurl themselves off the cliff all in the myopic & distorted view of "personal freedom."

Slowly the trend to the 'new normal' begins. On 3/13 my dentist 'installed' new teeth in the upper front of my mouth - to be replaced with permanent teeth in a week to ten days. Needless to say that never happened. So far I have broken one crown and lost one veneer, but he just called, and at 9 AM tomorrow I get the new teeth. Going to be him, an assistant, and me in the office. Now if the bank will only open so that I can make a deposit for the beagle club.

I have suggested this before but, in your neck of the woods it seems "very appropriate" now, the 'freedom' minority are very likely also the Darwin Award contenders in waiting. It's sad and simoltaniously bizarre to watch these folks choose the "keep the blinders on" and run like those little creatures toward the cliff and hurl themselves off the cliff all in the myopic & distorted view of "personal freedom."
Okay - I have GOT to add an side, here. The analogy of "Like lemmings hurling themselves blindly off cliffs," is MUCH more sinister than you it appears. Check out this from a (World Wildlife Federation (WWF) sponsored site:

https://www.nathab.com/blog/lemming-suicide-the-no-1-nature-hoax/

DIsney cooked up the whole thing to boost ratings, because the directors decided that the regular segment was too boring ... and 70 years later, it's still circulating as "Truth."

I appreciate peoples concerns for their health, but personally, I am not interested in sacrificing liberty for security. There is a huge difference between between government mandated restrictions and recommendations.

I spent 26 years in uniform, defending our freedoms and I'm not likely to submit to marshal law because of a virus that few people have contracted that rarely is fatal.

I am aware of the risks. I am trained in sterile practices and hazardous material handling, so I notice when practices are efficient and when they are not. I go on with my life knowing the risks just like I always have. I am not a risk averse person, nor do I have a death wish, but I am proud to live in a country where liberty still means something and that our government exists to serve the people, not the other way around.

Yes, I've kind of been thinking the same thing. Also a lot of ostriches sticking their heads in the sand and playing pretend with their own version of reality. A lot of those people are friends and family, they're extremely high risk and they're running full speed for that cliff. :( My DS is 15yo and his friends believe the virus is not serious. I tell him "If all your friends are jumping off a cliff, are you going to jump off too just because they are?". It's been a non-stop thing trying to teach him that it is okay to have doubts and questions about the virus but he needs to consider the consequences of his actions in case he's wrong. Practicing a little caution does not hurt anyone, but not practicing any caution could hurt a lot of people. It is better to be safe now than sorry later...

Back
Top Bottom