Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

No they don't. Athletes foot is compounded by the moist, warm conditions in your sneaks. If you go barefoot then you learn to avoid hazards, your skin becomes healthy like good leather if you take care of your feet. Shoes have nothing to do with the decency of a person; they used to indicate "status" and I find nothing decent in that.

Status, hmmm. I wear sandals with socks because of my arthritic feet. Can't get them in a closed-toe shoe 'cuz they crowd my toes and they hurt. I buy two pairs at a time because I can get the second pair for half price on a BOGO deal. I buy them once every year or two. I also have a pair of boots for my chicken tasks. I suppose a person could determine me lowly status in this world by examining my footwear, and somehow this might indeed be indecent. But I'm still going to protect my feet, because I'm also diabetic and no fool. 😉

Exactly right. Grandkid, actually. But we're raising him. You don't get to pick and choose, either way. What you get is what you got. Like it or lump it, my Dad used to say. Whatever that meant! :gig
Lemme guess.... your unsure as to just two words in that phrase, "Lump it"? Am I right?

Well, yer-in-luck..... I used to be a Driver-Trainer for a trucking company. Lumper's are a specific job at a warehouse dock. They offload to the warehouse floor and a warehouser(typically a forktruck) takes it where it needs to go.... or on-load trailers a trailer from a designated spot that a fork truck driver has already "staged" for a 'lumper' to put on a truck.

So, back to your Dad's saying, I'd suffice as to say its a variation on Like it or leave it. So that would be , Like it or move it/get rid of it.?????

thoughts?
suggestions?

Lemme guess.... your unsure as to just two words in that phrase, "Lump it"? Am I right?

Well, yer-in-luck..... I used to be a Driver-Trainer for a trucking company. Lumper's are a specific job at a warehouse dock. They offload to the warehouse floor and a warehouser(typically a forktruck) takes it where it needs to go.... or on-load trailers a trailer from a designated spot that a fork truck driver has already "staged" for a 'lumper' to put on a truck.

So, back to your Dad's saying, I'd suffice as to say its a variation on Like it or leave it. So that would be , Like it or move it/get rid of it.?????

thoughts?
suggestions?

Hey, yeah, that makes sense! I love etymology, or word /phrase origins, so thanks for that! 😄

Parents aren’t supposed to be friends to their children. Most adults who have issues in life had parents that were friends not a parent. Having discipline and consequences creates model citizens.

I tell my kids they’re stuck with me whether they like it or not.
I think it depends on the sophistication of the child. I was and am my daughters best friend.
Status, hmmm. I wear sandals with socks because of my arthritic feet. Can't get them in a closed-toe shoe 'cuz they crowd my toes and they hurt. I buy two pairs at a time because I can get the second pair for half price on a BOGO deal. I buy them once every year or two. I also have a pair of boots for my chicken tasks. I suppose a person could determine me lowly status in this world by examining my footwear, and somehow this might indeed be indecent. But I'm still going to protect my feet, because I'm also diabetic and no fool. 😉
I said they USED to be and I don't recall naming you specifically. I don't buy mine BOGO and I don't buy cheap, except for the 98 cent flip flops I use in my backyard. Regardless, I wear shoes only for a specific purpose...to keep my feet from burning on the hot asphalt in summer, to prevent injury on a hike or so I don't step in chicken poop. Otherwise I'm barefoot all the time. However, I should be able to do my grocery shopping barefoot if I want to.

Disregard this post all, I didn't realize initially I was feeding a selfish troll.

Ok, that's great. You can think for yourself and are crowing about it from the top of the coop. Too bad everyone cannot. If they did we would not need warning labels on toasters warning people not to use the toaster while taking a bath, right?

Many laws, mandates, and warnings that have been put into place (like helmets) were done so to protect people from themselves, and it would appear you do not approve. Gosh, by that tolken anyone who isn't as sharp minded as yourself, like perhaps someone born with a lower IQ or a mental disability, doesn't seem to deserve to live.
Hmmm, sounds like a possible infringement on their right to live, or liberty to be alive.
So I am a Troll because I disagree with you and have the nerve to say it?

I am not thinking of myself anymore than you are by wanting folks to stay home so you will be safe. Warning labels on toasters is more likely because of tort lawyers than stupidity. I really can't imagine anyone wanting to toast bagles while bathing, but I can imagine an idiot suing a toaster manufacturer because they were so stupid that they they got electrocuted by giving their toaster a drink on the kitchen counter, and there was an ambulance chasing attorney willing to capitalize on that stupidity.

It is not the government's job to protect people from themselves. I can find nothing in the Constitution about the Government shall protect thy idiots. Anyone one that needs protecting from themselves could probably use a little more chlorine in their gene pool. When we start believing that liberties can be sacrificed to protect us from us, then where does that stop? It is already a progressive battle cry "It is for your safety" "If it saves one life, it is worth it", "Think of the children".

The Declaration of Independence established that all people have unalienable rights, among them, Life Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It does not mandate the Government protect us from us, it mandates the Government to protect those rights and that no government can remove those rights as they were bestowed by our creator. When your rights can be suspended, they are no longer rights, but permissions.

Okay, I get it, now. "Misery Loves Company" applies? As in, "Sucks to be you, deal with it, I've got my own life to live?" Well, here's a new flash, "Self-Righteous Egotism Loves Company, too." It's all about Number One. Your health is good, so you shouldn't have to worry about anyone else's. That's THEIR problem, not yours. They're what's wrong with the world anyway, right? Because if everyone made the same logical decisions you do ... as in, if everyone thought and acted the way YOU think is right - none of this would be a problem? And "By Gum, if they don't know what's right for them, I'm gonna shove it down their throats, because they don't belong in my way, anyway."

SURPRISE FOLKS! It looks like we have another troll! Holy Cow, people DO love to bait us! I'm off to bigger and better things, tonight. Let our troll go back under the bridge from whence it came ...
Y'all have a good one ... I'm gonna go have some ice cream to celebrate DD's graduation!!
I did not cause you to be ill, so why should I be restricted because you are ill. It has never been done like that before ever. Quarantines, traditionally, sequester the sick to protect the healthy, not the other way around. How is my perspective any more self-righteous or egotistical than yours?

My health is good and I should not be restricted because someone else's health (which I have no say in) is not. That would be like suspending my driving privileges because you are a terrible driver. How much sense does that really make?

I have not forced my will on anyone. In fact, it is the inverse. It is hardly about me, but about what our country was founded on, Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Hard to realize any of those while stuck at home covering in the corner.

I am so glad that there were folks that were not afraid when this country was established. I can only imagine what it would have been like if the founding fathers designed a government expected to keep us all safe from ourselves.

So I am a Troll because I disagree with you and have the nerve to say it?

I am not thinking of myself anymore than you are by wanting folks to stay home so you will be safe. Warning labels on toasters is more likely because of tort lawyers than stupidity. I really can't imagine anyone wanting to toast bagles while bathing, but I can imagine an idiot suing a toaster manufacturer because they were so stupid that they they got electrocuted by giving their toaster a drink on the kitchen counter, and there was an ambulance chasing attorney willing to capitalize on that stupidity.

It is not the government's job to protect people from themselves. I can find nothing in the Constitution about the Government shall protect thy idiots. Anyone one that needs protecting from themselves could probably use a little more chlorine in their gene pool. When we start believing that liberties can be sacrificed to protect us from us, then where does that stop? It is already a progressive battle cry "It is for your safety" "If it saves one life, it is worth it", "Think of the children".

The Declaration of Independence established that all people have unalienable rights, among them, Life Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It does not mandate the Government protect us from us, it mandates the Government to protect those rights and that no government can remove those rights as they were bestowed by our creator. When your rights can be suspended, they are no longer rights, but permissions.
No, not at all. You have every right to disagree with me. As I you.

Someone who comes along well after a long thread is established making remarks that inflame is generally along the lines of trollish behavior. This is a long thread and it happens every so often.... just the way it is. You are not the first and won't be the last. And it happens
by people who hold a variety of views.

Your whole post comes across as- "People who do not think like me, reason like me, and have the same ideas that I do don't deserve the same rights or liberties that I do and some chlorine could solve that.
Ergo if you are not like me you don't deserve to live. (count, matter, be counted as human...however one might like to say it)

The Declaration of Independence established that all people have unalienable rights, among them, Life Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
To:
Anyone one that needs protecting from themselves could probably use a little more chlorine in their gene pool.

....seems rather trollish to me. :idunno

Shirts, too. There's no need to go into a business establishment half naked. People shouldn't even have to be told that. I saw a fellow at Wal-Mart the other day wearing pants down around his thighs. He had a belt on to hold them up - UNDER his underwear. Not even halfway around him, like kids did in the 80's. And I just wondered: Why? If people used a little common sense, we wouldn't need laws telling them things about basic hygeine and decency. Like, get dressed before going out in public. 😆
I find a lot of clothing to be a disgrace to the human body. I won’t go into it but you know what I’m saying.

Back
Top Bottom