Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I've wondered why we have been so lightly hit, there has been a cluster of cases about 100 miles northwest, that area is often the first stop across the border for some looking for jobs. It is serious enough they are setting a temporary hospital to deal with them instead of transporting to other hospitals.

I live in an area that a lot of jobs are outside and some workers are often by themselves, mostly oilfield or agriculture related, we are also a high UV area from the sun. We're not isolated, several main highways intersect in the area with a couple of truck stops and a quick stop so their is a steady flow of people in the area. I know there has been more hand washing going on since this started because the towels in the bathrooms have to be replaced more often. The hand sanitizer gets used more often too.
I hope you don't see a spike there at all. The next county over from me is very similar to what you described. Pretty rural. Most people travel to work outside their county. They have a few little mom and pop businesses and a handful of chain stores. The rest is farmland. They intersect with 3 major highways and an interstate about 20 minutes away. They had 13 cases in almost 2 months time. Then one night last week they announced 175 new cases mostly all from one farm but the workers there travel to the local stores so they've had another 22 new cases from that since then. They're stressing here no matter what the numbers look like in your particular neck of the woods you HAVE to assume it's there and that anyone could have it..

I keep forgetting what day it is. :lol:
I think I’ve mentioned that I am grateful for the stay at home order because the students aren’t getting shot in school. Well, the 5-y-o was telling me about the Wolf drills in school. I couldn’t help crying because I don’t know if she will live to graduation.
I have to wonder how calling the shooter a wolf is helpful though. She wouldn’t know that the student with the gun was the one she was hiding from. :confused:

LOL at this rate my sister in law will never get married. 😭 She was going to get married at the courthouse and then have a ceremony/reception this summer. Ceremony/reception got canceled since it's unlikely it'll be safe to travel by then. Courts got closed so she couldn't go get married. Decided to do a private ceremony this weekend and stream it online... except she lives in Minneapolis. Yup race riots are making it unsafe to go out at all, so now she's stuck at home with a bunch of flowers and nowhere to go.

We're just waiting for a meteor to fall on her at this point...

Okay - Got that ... And they're absolutely right to be upset over cold-blooded murder, especially by one sworn to "serve and protect." We ALL should be! But it would be doubly horrible and a compounded tragedy if the protests end up taking even more innocent lives. It's a horrible, no-win situation, no matter how you look at it. So very, VERY sad ... and totally unjustified, all the way around. :(
I realized later that my initial post was clear as mud! I am sorry too.
Honestly I had forgotten all about the covid protests when I flipped on the news this morning to see if there were any updates on the Crew Dragon launch. Of course all that was on was last night's news and it took me a few minutes to remember that I have the NASA channel and flipped over there.

I wish I could claim I was just punchy when I posted, but I can't. Not really. All I can claim is my daily lame excuse...NEED More Coffee!!! **zombie grunts**
So I could have worded my response better and just flat asked for clarity.
After conversing here for so long with you guys I assumed you were talking about the other protests so I was not offended in any way. And I would hope everyone else here who also knows you would give you the benefit of the doubt before getting offended.:hugs

I think I’ve mentioned that I am grateful for the stay at home order because the students aren’t getting shot in school. Well, the 5-y-o was telling me about the Wolf drills in school. I couldn’t help crying because I don’t know if she will live to graduation.
I have to wonder how calling the shooter a wolf is helpful though. She wouldn’t know that the student with the gun was the one she was hiding from. :confused:
Perhaps after the "Big Bad Wolf"? Might be easier for them to make the connection while not cauzing as much trauma to their young minds if a school shooting does not happen.
LOL at this rate my sister in law will never get married. 😭 She was going to get married at the courthouse and then have a ceremony/reception this summer. Ceremony/reception got canceled since it's unlikely it'll be safe to travel by then. Courts got closed so she couldn't go get married. Decided to do a private ceremony this weekend and stream it online... except she lives in Minneapolis. Yup race riots are making it unsafe to go out at all, so now she's stuck at home with a bunch of flowers and nowhere to go.

We're just waiting for a meteor to fall on her at this point...
Well, on a positive, she'll have the best anniversary story EVER.
...eventually.

Well, on a positive, she'll have the best anniversary story EVER.
...eventually.

Yeah... we tried to tell her that, that at least in years to come, she'll sure have some stories to tell about the trials and tribulations of getting married. Obviously right now it's upsetting for her, but at least you won't forget it in 20, 30 years time!

True....
Er, I really hope that I don't get flamed for this, but have you considered homeschooling, assuming that it would be possible for you to do?
Apologies if this is in any way offensive. Sorry!

True....
Er, I really hope that I don't get flamed for this, but have you considered homeschooling, assuming that it would be possible for you to do?
Apologies if this is in any way offensive. Sorry!
I realize this wasn't intended to me, but I for one wished I could have home schooled from the get go. Thankfully it's much easier for families to home school these days and given all the safety concerns I'll bet many many more families are going to consider it now.

Great Idea! And on a brighter note, I took your advice on rewriting my ad for the Asians ... I've had three bites, so far. DD priced them according to the online Hatchery rates for started pullets, minus a discount and no shipping charges. We can meet anyone up to an hour away.

Two people are definitely interested, but "not quite ready." One woman thought that the birds should be free, for "adoption," not sale. She finally offered me five dollars each - for three-month-old production-bred layers! For that price, she could get two purebred chicks at TSC, and I told her that. Her response was a scathing, "Oh, that takes too long and it's too much work." I told her that chicks are actually easier to care for than grown chickens, and she came back with, "Those set-ups are too expensive when you're only going to use it once."
Really? Five bucks for a nearly grown pullet, eight weeks from POL? Zheesh! For that, I'll grow them out and sell the eggs, myself! Ya gotta laugh! But at least now there's hope that I'll be able to sell them ... for more than $5 apiece!
People have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom