Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

About children is school; how in the world will children keep distancing and wear facemasks all the time, when it's hard for adults, and impossible for some? And how will school staff possibly be safe, even 'relatively' safe? It just doesn't look doable to me!
I'll bet that those pediatricians, in their managed office practices, can't really relate to a school environment.
Mary
I don't know. It doesn't look doable to me either.

My kid is terrified to go back to school and wants no part of a classroom right now. And the longer things are up in the air the longer it will take our district to figure things out because they are reactive instead of proactive, which for a kid who needs to know what to expect and when to expect it...drives the anxiety even higher.
In the mean time I can't plan which drives me nuts. And I shutter at all the chemicals they will need to use to clean the school daily with because of my kiddo's allergies to everything. We need the option of distance learning and virtual classrooms here either way but don't know yet if our district will offer them.

Went to Walmart’s early shopping for those at risk. A woman and her husband went down the aisle the wrong way and he said “Excuse me we are rule breakers” she laughed and said “I don’t care” I said “you should care!”

I couldn’t hold my tongue. Why do people not care about others and their wellbeing, it’s disgusting and vile. I can’t imagine living like that.

Who else is getting really annoyed (upset, po'd, mad, resentful, ____________ [enter choice word here] ) over the planned gatherings recently that have helped facilitate the spread of the virus, again, and that is leading to numbers going up all over the US?
The Memorial Day gatherings and flooding out and aboutism from stir crazy people were just the beginning and now we are really seeing the results. Add all the activities since and now large gatherings and it's just a recipe for disaster!

Some of us who have been following the rules and are very conscientious would really like things to calm down so kids can go back to school and life could be less chaotic. All these people who want things to be Bam... back to normal, are doing the very things that will cause this to drag on faaaar longer than it needs to for Everyone!:he
Grrrrr!!!

..ok, sorry. Rant over.

I completely feel it! I kind of thought it was ridiculous when (some) people were demanding a reopen, but then I thought it was funny [now] there's people who refuse to wear a face covering. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I completely feel it! I kind of thought it was ridiculous when (some) people were demanding a reopen, but then I thought it was funny [now] there's people who refuse to wear a face covering. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If they want to be in the public, they should be forced to wear them. Give people fines for not wearing them.

If 2 years olds can wear them so can’t grown adults. People think they are above it all or think they won’t get it. That type of thinking is what is causing this whole spike!

Don’t be ignorant... Wear a mask

Very interesting about the masks. I've actually NEVER worn one!

I also don't sneeze, cough or violate any body's space or shake hands, haven't for many years now. And very people violate my space. Being a large heavily muscled bald headed goatee wearing upper middle age man has its plusses!

I recently got tested for COVID and found that I have the anti-bodies which is great. My doc said that all these people that have avoided people, wearing masks constantly and constantly cleaning themselves may find it hard for their bodies to fight the disease or build up anti-bodies.

Our Lord and Savior knew what he was doing when he made our immune system, and white blood cells are A-OK in my book!

People, you have to live and quit listening to the lying news media!

God Bless and Happy Independence Day! (Our Brilliant Founding Fathers would be horrified at the amount of freedoms some people have gladly given up!)

If they want to be in the public, they should be forced to wear them. Give people fines for not wearing them.

If 2 years olds can wear them so can’t grown adults. People think they are above it all or think they won’t get it. That type of thinking is what is causing this whole spike!

Don’t be ignorant... Wear a mask
I assure you, no tyrannical bureaucrat will EVER fine me or force me to wear a dang mask. NEVER!

If God wanted me to breath Co2 he would have reversed our Respiratory System...CO2 In, O2 Out! But he didn't so O2 IN and CO2 OUT!

Very interesting about the masks. I've actually NEVER worn one!

I also don't sneeze, cough or violate any body's space or shake hands, haven't for many years now. And very people violate my space. Being a large heavily muscled bald headed goatee wearing upper middle age man has its plusses!

I recently got tested for COVID and found that I have the anti-bodies which is great. My doc said that all these people that have avoided people, wearing masks constantly and constantly cleaning themselves may find it hard for their bodies to fight the disease or build up anti-bodies.

Our Lord and Savior knew what he was doing when he made our immune system, and white blood cells are A-OK in my book!

People, you have to live and quit listening to the lying news media!

God Bless and Happy Independence Day! (Our Brilliant Founding Fathers would be horrified at the amount of freedoms some people have gladly given up!)
Lying news media???

People are DYING from this and it should be taken seriously.

No one is giving up anything when they’re wearing a mask to protect others. They are actually being unselfish and caring for their fellow brothers and sisters, that’s what America is based on... It’s not a country of I, it’s a country of us.

Happy 4th everyone... Thank you to all those who have served and are serving our country.

I assure you, no tyrannical bureaucrat will EVER fine me or force me to wear a dang mask. NEVER!

If God wanted me to breath Co2 he would have reversed our Respiratory System...CO2 In, O2 Out! But he didn't so O2 IN and CO2 OUT!
He also wants you to care about others and respect your government.

You don’t breathe in CO2 when you wear a mask 🙄 Please stop spreading false facts.

Lying news media???

People are DYING from this and it should be taken seriously.

No one is giving up anything when they’re wearing a mask to protect others. They are actually being unselfish and caring for their fellow brothers and sisters, that’s what America is based on... It’s not a country of I, it’s a country of us.

Happy 4th everyone... Thank you to all those who have served and are serving our country.

Allow me to be the bearer of bad news...NO ONE IS GETTING OUT OF THIS ALIVE! :eek:

Yes, its true! Everyone will die.

And since everyone eventually dies...

In the US according to the CDC the following are the most common causes of death;

• Heart disease: 647,457
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
  • Diabetes: 83,564
  • Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
I will not live like a tied goat!

It is true that rebreathed air has more carbon dioxide in it than regular air. However, it evidently still has plenty of oxygen in it in order to be safe to breathe. You're blowing into a person's lungs when you perform CPR -- you're pushing air that you have already breathed into them, and it still works. It isn't harmful in the slightest -- there isn't enough carbon dioxide to cause issues, and there is enough oxygen to sustain life.

Back
Top Bottom