Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Because of kiddo's severe allergies I cannot do any online shopping where something gets subbed. Nor do I like the idea of anyone touching my groceries while amassing a large cart of other people's groceries (like at Walmart where they carts that holds like 10 bins of pick up orders at a time) because of cross contamination. Thankfully I was already used to ordering so many things direct from holding warehouses or manufacturers because stores don't carry many of the items we need.
I do get plenty of regular grocery items from regular grocery stores, but other than cold stuff I can get at Sam's Club, we have been able to order what we need via free shipping.

That's the truth!

Happy report: at Walmart today, nearly everyone was masked up. I would say about 80-85% of people were. As opposed to, in the last month, whenever I have gone, I feel as though I am the only one wearing one. My DD is happy to wear one bc she feels she looks good in one! 🤣 Works for me. My boy just stays home bc he does not like them. That works for me, too. Not sure how well that's going to work with the whole back to school thing, though.
I was travelling on business this week and went into a Target to pick up a few things. The sign on the door said Masks were mandated by the Governor. No sign saying that masks were mandated by Target. So I walked in without a mask.

A woman immediately started pointed and attempted to shame me, and I continued to the aisle to pick up what I intended to buy.

At the check out, a store manage approached me and said that the governor has mandated that all citizens wear masks.

I told him I follow LAW not MANDATES...but I also said if you, the store manager do not want me in the store unmasked, that I would leave. He said I was good to go.

The checkout lady smiled at me and said she supported my point of view.

I have to admit I was open carrying a Stainless Steel 1911 pistol chambered in .45 ACP. I thought is was humorous that most people stayed a far piece from me.

I realize that. Honestly, I do. But the longer this goes on - and I'm not naive enough to think that we've passed the worst and it'll all get better from here - the harder it gets to stay away from our families. My extended family is very, very close. We always have been. A holiday is defined by hugs and food and who happens to drop in, today ... not the calendar. We've already lost one cousin during this mess - not to covid, but still, it was hard being unable to comfort her husband, my cousin and one of my dearest friends. Other family members have been in and out of the hospital with the virus. My immediate family is up to five friends and coworkers lost. We no longer even count those who have been sick. We're just grateful that they're on the road to recovery.
My Dad is extremely frail and my closest aunt is waning from breast cancer. Both are in their eighties. I have a cousin in Florida who is in total isolation because he is wheelchair bound with MS. Another is trapped in his home in Myrtle Beach because stupid tourists won't stay away from the beach, so his neighborhood is one of the worst hotspots in the country. He can't even go out to walk his dog!
Then there's the social unrest. Two of my cousins were among those trying to protect a beautiful old Columbus statue. It ended up in Baltimore's Inner Harbor ... IN the harbor. Luckily, no one was hurt except a lot of hearts. My nephew was stopped by police for having an unbroken taillight (aka - he was a young black man in a wealthy neighborhood. He LIVES there!) Now his sister is afraid to go anywhere and my sister is terrified for her children's safety.
I've lost my job.
I don't qualify for unemployment.
We won't starve, but I don't know how I'm going to keep my house, come Fall.
I know that many, many people are in the same boat, right now. And I know that my complaining about it sounds like a selfish personal pity-party, but at this particular moment, I'm having a really hard time with all of this, but it's late (after midnight.) I'm tired. I'm sad, so I think I'll put the dogs out one last time and turn in. Things should look much better in the morning. I'm counting on it.
:hugs
Peace, strength, and faith be with you, and may you and your loved ones make it through this difficult time to the more peaceful times ahead.

Hey, has anyone heard from @KDOGG331 , lately? She hasn't been on BYC for a couple of days and not here on this thread for almost a week. I hope everything's okay.
I'm sure she's fine.

I am concerned as to the status of "Webby" thought.... She's been MIA for -(pauses)- geez, 2 months now?

:hugs:hugs:hugs
I wish I could do more than virtual hugs! It's so hard to say goodbye, even in the best of times ... and these days definitely do NOT qualify as "the best." My geriatric rescue could be anywhere from 12-15 (leaning to the high side,) but he's small (cockapoo?) and quiet, so he should be around a bit longer. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it ... since the alternative is simply NOT to be considered, at the moment!

And ... I'm thinkin' it's time for you to head back to the rescue ... :love

Thanks for the healthy vote of confidence. I'm in no hurry to add any more "fur kids" to the household any time soon. We still have 5 and as many actual kiddos around too.... Then there is that "chicken math" to contend with.....

Back
Top Bottom