Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Got all the birds fed and watered before the storm moves in, refilled the grit and oyster shell in the main coop, gave the quail some OS, replaced all the dirt boxes in the quail cages (which meant digging up lots of dirt and carrying full boxes back and forth to the cage 😂🤣:th), and unloaded a few feed bags into the shed.

Plus put the tarp back down on the side of the run so it stays drier, moved the Punk’s food inside to stay dry (and so hopefully the squirrels won’t eat it anymore), and got the eggs while I was out there and then I needed a shower cause sweat was running into my eyes 😂🤣🤢

Just ate and now gotta run back to the feed store real quick to get some stuff I forgot yesterday. Wanna put some fresh shavings in the coop.
Busy Gal! I'll bet your coops just sparkle now! I currently have two very bedraggled boys - a roo and a very young cockerel. the just ended look-no-touch quarantine and haven't quite figured out that they're now "allowed" to move beyond the old barrier. At least the rain has stopped, so they can dry out, now, poor lil guys!

Oh wow that’s awesome! 🥰 I have a lot of like acquaintances 😂🤣 IRL ones are far less LOL although some of my online friends are better friends/I am closer with than most of my IRL ones 😂🤣🙈 mostly cause I never see the IRL ones lol
WayMaNinit ... You mean online is NOT Real Life? SAY IT ISN'T SO!

Kdogg - when is the storm supposed to hit your place? It sounds like you're ready ... but be careful. This is a mean one!

I'm glad we are landlocked. The most we get from hurricanes is heavy rain when they come up the Texas gulf coast and track up the Mississippi.

We had something like 8 inches of rain in a two week period followed by unseasonably cool weather. It was down to 53 this morning and only up to 71 today.

Early fall and winter? Wouldn't be surprised.

@MROO that damage is scary! :eek: storm rolled through here around 5 maybe? Maybe started 4:30 but was pretty mild then. And it only really lasted like maybe an hour or a little bit more and all we got was a bit of wind and some rain. Couple branches down. I was kind of disappointed 😂🤣🙈 but after seeing your pics I am now glad!!! We do have no power though. It went out maybe a couple hours ago?

@MROO that damage is scary! :eek: storm rolled through here around 5 maybe? Maybe started 4:30 but was pretty mild then. And it only really lasted like maybe an hour or a little bit more and all we got was a bit of wind and some rain. Couple branches down. I was kind of disappointed 😂🤣🙈 but after seeing your pics I am now glad!!! We do have no power though. It went out maybe a couple hours ago?
No power stinks. DD and I were bad, and went for a rubbernecking ride a little bit ago. We didn't get very far in any direction. mainly because the line crews are all over the place, trying to get wires back up & working. It's weird, but we never got more than a few big blips, at home. I was worried about that because I have some two-week-old EE bantams still under a brooder in the dining room. We were okay, though. It definitely pays to be on the same power grid as the Firehouse, the Town Police and the Emergency Management Team!
The Emergency response here has been wonderful. There were many, many rescues, including evacuation of an entire section of town, but as far as I know, we didn't lose anyone. The propane tank that floated into Main street is now back where it belongs and most of the downed trees, at least the ones blocking traffic, are gone. We're waiting on confirmation of a tornado down on the Neck, but other than that, we're whole. I'll take it!

No power stinks. DD and I were bad, and went for a rubbernecking ride a little bit ago. We didn't get very far in any direction. mainly because the line crews are all over the place, trying to get wires back up & working. It's weird, but we never got more than a few big blips, at home. I was worried about that because I have some two-week-old EE bantams still under a brooder in the dining room. We were okay, though. It definitely pays to be on the same power grid as the Firehouse, the Town Police and the Emergency Management Team!
The Emergency response here has been wonderful. There were many, many rescues, including evacuation of an entire section of town, but as far as I know, we didn't lose anyone. The propane tank that floated into Main street is now back where it belongs and most of the downed trees, at least the ones blocking traffic, are gone. We're waiting on confirmation of a tornado down on the Neck, but other than that, we're whole. I'll take it!
Oh wow that’s amazing!! It picked back up a little bit ago maybe around 745-8:20 ish the wind that is and is still going a little which is weird because for like an hour before it was over and sunny lol but it’s weird cause we barely got anything yet lost power. But the lights are out down the road which was. A little precarious so I think a big something got hit.

1,400,000 people without power in NJ. Received a call from county emergency coordinators indicating that 40 % of JCP&L customers in our county are without power, and that it will be days before power is restored. Folks are recommended to shelter in place, go to relatives, or go to a hotel/motel. Shelter centers are discouraged because of the Coronavirus Pandemic. Our power and cable kicked off at 7 - cable came back almost immediately, and power was back in about a half an hour.

Back
Top Bottom