Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

x2! All in the 'flat earther' category for sure.
What ever happened to science, history, and health classes in grades one through twelve? Gone, I guess. It shouldn't take advanced degrees in college to get it!
Although I will say that as a science/ biology major in undergrad, we had some humanities and basic history type classes. The more 'liberal arts' types had no science or biology classes in college at all...
But then I'm 'more mature', and don't think that education, especially public education, has improved in the USA during my lifetime. Sour grapes, you bet! Every child must get a gold star for everything...
Being grumpy,
Mary
Did you ever watch Jay Leno's "Jay Walking"?

x2! All in the 'flat earther' category for sure.
What ever happened to science, history, and health classes in grades one through twelve? Gone, I guess. It shouldn't take advanced degrees in college to get it!
Although I will say that as a science/ biology major in undergrad, we had some humanities and basic history type classes. The more 'liberal arts' types had no science or biology classes in college at all...
But then I'm 'more mature', and don't think that education, especially public education, has improved in the USA during my lifetime. Sour grapes, you bet! Every child must get a gold star for everything...
Being grumpy,
Mary
I agree and I disagree...about modern schooling I mean. Kiddo has/is taking all of that and "gets" it. Sometimes a good attitude and the ability to apply the knowledge one should gain at school starts at home. Kiddo is often flabbergasted by the goings on and is like Mom? How can these people not understand something so basic?
It's heartbreaking to have to try and explain why the "grown ups" are acting like spoiled toddlers.

I do agree though that schooling hasn't improved much in my lifetime.

I’m not embarrassed to be an America. I’m disappointed in those that act childish over mask wearing. I saw KIDS wearing masks today, but grown adults throw fits about them. It’s an interesting time right now.
Those of us with immune compromised Heath have fought to be healthy all our life, we go to the hospital, Dr, we see death close by... We wouldn't think twice about wearing a mask-we've been in fight mode for so long it becomes natural. Those who never saw death nearby, see wearing masks as having their freedom taken away by the government.

Back
Top Bottom