Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Can you post which one you have?
Your post made me go look online about what's available because pottery was something I enjoyed doing. Don't know if my electrical could handle it, but I'm curious now...

How's DD?
DD is good - no test results, yet. She couldn't get the fast one, but I'm sure she's good. If she had something, I would have it already, and I'm clear.
I'll double check the kiln, but it's currently buried in the far back of my outdoor workshop - and it's a mess! May be the weekend before I can "find" that corner again.
In the meantime - I just got the call from my Post Office - my babeez are in! Supposed to be four EE bantam babies. Hopefully all four of these are alive and healthy, this time!
Fingers crossed!

DD is good - no test results, yet. She couldn't get the fast one, but I'm sure she's good. If she had something, I would have it already, and I'm clear.
I'll double check the kiln, but it's currently buried in the far back of my outdoor workshop - and it's a mess! May be the weekend before I can "find" that corner again.
In the meantime - I just got the call from my Post Office - my babeez are in! Supposed to be four EE bantam babies. Hopefully all four of these are alive and healthy, this time!
Fingers crossed!
Only 4 bantams? Did you get a heat pack with them?

I need to order some 72 hour heat packs. They are the same price as 60 hour.
I missed a couple sales this past spring when I didn't have any on hand for small orders.
They're about $2 ea.. Cheaper in quantity.

Last edited:
Haven't been watching this thread but dang, Shark Week...saw here in the US Mike Tyson on non stop ads for Shark Week... I was one of his biggest fans. He was a pitbull, indestructible and fast, until he met another one of my favorites, Holyfield. I never thought Holyfield had a chance, a old guy, he mopped Tyson up and made a fool of him. Tyson couldn't take it so like the pitbull he was just bit Holyfield's ear off, well maybe just some of it, a big chunk. When I saw that Shark Week commercial at the end Tyson says "Someone's going to get bit!" I about lost it 😆. Our 16yr old DW never heard of him. My yrs watching boxi
I’m dying 😂😂😂😂😂

I've never had cable to watch shark week. Which is a shame. I'm a sucker for animal pseudo science stories (I mean, the real science kind too, but I love a good animal narrative) and Shark Week would be right up my alley. XD

As it stands I'm just going to have to stick to my dinosaur/prehistoric animal-based sci-fi video game. :p I can tame Megalodons in that and ride on them. Maybe I'll tame one in honor of shark week. Start naming them after BYC shark week enthusiasts.

Only 4 bantams? Did you get a heat pack with them?

I need to order some 72 hour heat packs. I missed a couple sales this past spring when I didn't have any on hand for small orders.
They're about $2 ea.. Cheaper in quantity.
They were replacements for two lost in a larger shipment, last month. They did have a heat pack with them, and for a change, it was activated properly. They arrived safely and immediately took to the electrolytes and a bit grow-gel and chick starter. All four are currently sound asleep under the brooder plate. This is the first time I've gotten successfully shipped chicks. I guess the third time really is the charm ... but I doubt I'll do it again. It's too hard on the babies, yes, but mostly, it's too hard on ME!

They were replacements for two lost in a larger shipment, last month. They did have a heat pack with them, and for a change, it was activated properly. They arrived safely and immediately took to the electrolytes and a bit grow-gel and chick starter. All four are currently sound asleep under the brooder plate. This is the first time I've gotten successfully shipped chicks. I guess the third time really is the charm ... but I doubt I'll do it again. It's too hard on the babies, yes, but mostly, it's too hard on ME!
I'm glad that they arrived safe and sound. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom