Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

There was a new case at G's work last week.

Now he's got a mild fever, a cough, and sneezing.... It's hard to tell how much is his allergies (hay fever even maybe) and how much could be serious. We're on 48 hour mandatory watch from his work, so we're gonna wait that out.

In the meantime, he's relegated to his room and the bathroom only. We're going to be handing food in/out of the room, and hand washing every time after we go in.

He's uninsured right now - medicare gap - so not sure what happens to us if he has it. :T
Good thoughts and vibes that it's just nasty allergies and the rest of the household will be fine!
Is he able to get a test?

When my allergies are bad, I know it’s time to bath the dog. He’s a retired beagle that sleeps with me, but still spends a lot of his day outside, collecting allergens, and shedding throughout the house.
Today I’m coughing here and there. I just got out of the shower, and the doorbell rang. Afraid the dog had broken free(he’s good at escaping), I had to see who was there. Still in a robe, I put on a mask, kept my distance, and opened the door. It was an unmasked meat salesman. I said I was sick in a hoarse voice, and kept coughing. He still wanted to come inside unmasked. :smack
And that is how this thing keeps spreading.

When my allergies are bad, I know it’s time to bath the dog. He’s a retired beagle that sleeps with me, but still spends a lot of his day outside, collecting allergens, and shedding throughout the house.
Today I’m coughing here and there. I just got out of the shower, and the doorbell rang. Afraid the dog had broken free(he’s good at escaping), I had to see who was there. Still in a robe, I put on a mask, kept my distance, and opened the door. It was an unmasked meat salesman. I said I was sick in a hoarse voice, and kept coughing. He still wanted to come inside unmasked. :smack
What a jerk, even if there wasn't covid, wanting to come in when you're in a robe and acting sick.

Good thoughts and vibes that it's just nasty allergies and the rest of the household will be fine!
Is he able to get a test?

We could but they're kind of pricey. :T We will if he is sick for more than a day or two.

Last person who came to my door unmasked I asked who they worked for, their full name, and if they had a badge number or any other identifying information. Then I asked if it was their company policy to be knocking on doors unmasked during a national pandemic, putting people at risk. His face fell FAST. :p

There was a meat salesman (well two of them together) that came by several weeks ago. No masks. Thankfully I intercepted them before they hit the bottom of my porch stairs and I said stop right there and stay right where you are! They did but kept trying to hand me stuff.🤨
My dozen stairs can be helpful sometimes.

We could but they're kind of pricey. :T We will if he is sick for more than a day or two.

Last person who came to my door unmasked I asked who they worked for, their full name, and if they had a badge number or any other identifying information. Then I asked if it was their company policy to be knocking on doors unmasked during a national pandemic, putting people at risk. His face fell FAST. :p
No free tests available? (Didn't I hear there were supposed be free tests for those who think they have been exposed? There is so much chaos these days it's hard to remember)
Hopefully he will feel better tomorrow and won't need one!

edit: typo

Last edited:

I have to keep masks in my pocket while outside. FedEx, UPS and USPS try to hand packages unmasked even to the LO when we’re nowhere near the door. They will even walk down to the coops! She was home from school a few weeks ago because she had symptoms. We stayed outside because keeping masked in the house is nothing like being masked in school or at a store. We stayed far apart, but if someone had shown up with a package, I’d have gleefully told them she had Covid. Fortunately it was just her allergies though.
I get Schwans frozen food delivered. He’s ALWAYS masked. :highfive:

Dong ya'll I wish I had those porches. My porch is 3' long and has two whole steps. :p people think it's OK to be all but face first in my door when they come knocking.

No free tests available? (Didn't hear there were supposed be free tests for those who think they have been exposed? There is so much chaos these days it's hard to remember)
Hopefully he will feel better tomorrow and won't need one!

Not that I know of. :T I'll look into it. I think testing is $150, which we can afford but it hurts.

Doing a little digging there's some but they're in inconvenient locations and times and we only have one car.... I'll try to take advantage of it if he's not better in 2 days.

The closest one is preregistration required. :T :T It ended pre-registration today.

I have grass and ragweed allergies which can be bad but haven't been a big problem this year except that I've been explosively sneezing since winter.
At least I didn't have the itchy watery eyes this year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom