Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Ah. Thanks. Hope the dog-puking is successful.
Did your kids ever do one of those school fund-raisers where they sold chocolate bars for a dollar each? My late great Golden retretriever ate a whole ten-pound box of those once while the kids and I ran into a grocery store for a gallon of milk or some such. As soon as I realized he had, I ran back in and bought a small bottle of peroxide (all they had), then went out, pointed his snout up at the sky and poured it down the side of his cheek into his gullet. About a minute later he looked real thoughtful, said WOOF to be let out of the truck, and deposited all the chocolate, including the wrappers, on the parking lot. That stuff worked great!

Welp, two and a smidge doses and the husky who was the culprit all along refuses to puke so off she goes to the e-vet. If you don't get the peroxide out she's in trouble, don't get the onions out she's in trouble.... So hopefully they'll give her a shot that will do the trick.

I'll be staying home with the two non offending dogs.

They took so long that they're now telling us they can't make her puke up the peroxide, so now they have to treat for peroxide poisoning instead. Goody. 9_9; Vet is all like "Don't give your dog peroxide! just go to the vet!" like everyone has 1K sitting around to go to the vet every time their dog eats an onion sandwich.... I hate vets like that.

Like dang, fam. If I made money every time I went to the vet instead of spending it, I'd suggest seeing the vet too!

I have to get to bed.
The NPIP tester will be here at 9 AM to blood test my birds. My adult numbers are way down this year so as far as that goes it should be easy to catch all the adults in short order.
The issue I'm concerned about is that the 3 broody hens have 13 chicks less than a week old that may get trampled when all hell breaks loose.
I may get a ladder out and black out the dormer windows.

About peroxide; Not the entire bottle at once! About a tablespoon, thrown to the back of the mouth/ throat for a big dog, and much less for smaller dogs, and can be repeated, maybe once, in 20 minutes or so.
Meanwhile, for really toxic stuff, load and go the the vet's, somewhere where they have injectable apomorphine, which will work every time.
When two of our three cats got into a house guest's meds here, neither cat responded to non- injectable apomorphine, and had to be in intensive care for several days, and both survived, only because of that care. :he
It's only money, right?!!
Try to give a pill to either cat, no way! Eat toxic drugs, why not?
Mary

They took so long that they're now telling us they can't make her puke up the peroxide, so now they have to treat for peroxide poisoning instead. Goody. 9_9; Vet is all like "Don't give your dog peroxide! just go to the vet!" like everyone has 1K sitting around to go to the vet every time their dog eats an onion sandwich.... I hate vets like that.

Like dang, fam. If I made money every time I went to the vet instead of spending it, I'd suggest seeing the vet too!
😯 I didn't know peroxide poisoning was a thing. Thanks! And good luck! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom