Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

My Mom just had her birthday, too. She turned 84, and her friends at her assisted-living condo complex in Florida threw her a socially-distanced party. My sister and I feel terrible that we couldn't be there. It's been a year since we've been able to visit our Mom - at least her facility is keeping everybody as safe as possible, no visitors are allowed.
Bolding and underlining are mine...
At the risk of getting too political, this is just one example of why we need a new healthcare system in our country, one that is public-health driven instead of profit-driven. If we'd had adequate testing for everybody who wanted a test, well-organized contact-tracing, and enough PPE for every health-care worker back in March, our economy would be back on track by now, our grandkids would be back in school safely, and unemployed people getting back to work.

I got my ballot in the mail today, and I consider myself very fortunate to live in a state where all our voting has been mail-in for about the past decade, and we have it down to a science. We have a choice to either send our completed ballots back through the USPS or put them in a drop box. My local drop box at our town library is on my way to work, so I always drop it there and will do the same again tomorrow. I really feel for you folks in "voter-suppression states" where your drop boxes are so few and far between, that's so unfair.

I did notice on my way to work today, glancing over at the drop box, the old one has been replaced with a new one that's triple the size. A good sign.

That's so horrible! I hope the voters who used that box get the chance to redo their ballots, and that whoever did that is caught and prosecuted for election fraud and arson. When I drop my ballot, I'll be looking around to make sure there are security cameras in the vicinity, as well as going online to make sure my ballot has been received and counted.

Best wishes and prayers to everybody, that you get to vote and have your votes counted. And even more for those of you are dealing with yourselves or loved ones suffering from covid.
Glad your mom is safe. Hopefully things will be safer for visiting by next year and we can all figure out a new normal.

I know VA has drop boxes in larger locations, so while I don't consider us a suppression state, trying to go where one needs to in a safe manner on my side of VA is not easy. There are a lot of perks to living more rural during covid, but easy voting is certainly not one of them! 😁

At the risk of getting too political, this is just one example of why we need a new healthcare system in our country, one that is public-health driven instead of profit-driven. If we'd had adequate testing for everybody who wanted a test, well-organized contact-tracing, and enough PPE for every health-care worker back in March, our economy would be back on track by now, our grandkids would be back in school safely, and unemployed people getting back to work.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose being so close to the Northern border you're well aware that public health is Canada's approach. And, no doubt, that the difference between their success with Covid-19 and our dismal failure is staggering.

I must say I'm grateful to be in a healthcare system that takes the proactive approach. I can get a free test so long as my doctor feels my symptoms warrant one. I've had 2 (happily, negative) ones so far. I simply DO NOT understand any insurance plan's limiting someone who's had the virus from having the test/s that clear him or her.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/members/littledog.102788/

. If we'd had adequate testing for everybody who wanted a test, well-organized contact-tracing, and enough PPE for every health-care worker back in March, our economy would be back on track by now, our grandkids would be back in school safely, and unemployed people getting back to work. ]

Last summer everyone here could get a free test. There was enough capacity. But nevertheless the infestations increased rapidly. A bout a month ago they couldn’t test everybody anymore. And the infestations k e.g. pt growing even with more restrictions, like closing hours ad forbidding gatherings with > 30 people. Lots of people (too many) need to go into hospital again for treatment.

We have a obliged health care system here. Everyone gets free care for all necessary care such as Covid care.

Our government asked everyone to keep distance and wear masks in the shops. But there are still about 25% who don’t.

Some people are afraid again with the numbers stills increasing. Others just don’t give a damn about other people and don’t stick to the rules. If a shop owner asks to wear a mask he can be harassed for asking, very grim things are happening.

Utah is rising! I guess a lot of states are. We were told it would start this fall..scared of what the winter will be like. I have surgery next Tuesday. Praying I stay well for it. I have to go get tested 3 days before the surgery, then stay home until that day. Shoulder surgery. Had the other one done about three years ago. It was way bad. They said this one isn't as bad..feels pretty bad. I may have shared this here before, but I need my shoulders working so I can help my husband when the time comes for lifting and
turning. He has Alzheimer's and is declining. I need to be well. Shoulders and all. Don't think I'll be going out much this winter.

Illinois is trying to stop inside dinning in counties that have had spikes. But some businesses are staying open
Screenshot_20201022-065457.png

Utah is rising! I guess a lot of states are. We were told it would start this fall..scared of what the winter will be like. I have surgery next Tuesday. Praying I stay well for it. I have to go get tested 3 days before the surgery, then stay home until that day. Shoulder surgery. Had the other one done about three years ago. It was way bad. They said this one isn't as bad..feels pretty bad. I may have shared this here before, but I need my shoulders working so I can help my husband when the time comes for lifting and
turning. He has Alzheimer's and is declining. I need to be well. Shoulders and all. Don't think I'll be going out much this winter.
Wishing you good luck with your surgery and a speedy and safe recovery!!

Good luck, Cynthia. Rehabbing a shoulder isn't much fun but you'll be glad you did it once it's over.

At least you won't have a long hospitalization and you'll be able to do your rehab at home where it's safe.
Thank you! Yes, I had the left one done, it was worse. They are telling me this one will be easier. :fl

Back
Top Bottom