Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Today I read an article about vitamin D. Very informative and it had some clues why elderly, obese and coloured people up North need vitamine D supplements in winter , when we get less sunshine.
There is not much research available. Outcomes are not overwhelmingly clear but point that way too.
My conclusion was : with Covid it seems even more important to go out in the sun and take vitamine D every day as long as its winter.

*sigh*
122203635_10224298031348172_4321366033672455576_o.jpg

Today I read an article about vitamin D. Very informative and it had some clues why elderly, obese and coloured people up North need vitamine D supplements in winter , when we get less sunshine.
There is not much research available. Outcomes are not overwhelmingly clear but point that way too.
My conclusion was : with Covid it seems even more important to go out in the sun and take vitamine D every day as long as its winter.
And, they're saying a multi vitamin! I've been taking vitamin D for years. My Dr. suggested it when I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

Last edited:
I suppose being so close to the Northern border you're well aware that public health is Canada's approach. And, no doubt, that the difference between their success with Covid-19 and our dismal failure is staggering.
I sure am, Rainey! My sister works in health care, and she recently moved to Canada (not for political reasons, the guy she's seeing is from there.) She was so tired of the profit-driven system here, where she was limited to 15 minutes per patient, and was paid according to "patient outcomes" even though she had no control over whether her patients took their medications (if they could afford them at all!) or whether it was already a serious situation by the time she first saw the patient. The top brass were management types, not doctors, and they were always nickel-and-diming everyone, chipping away at benefits, buying the cheapest supplies, etc. Her last straw was when they tried to force her to do something unethical - to train someone in a specialty in which she was not qualified to teach, just because the company was paid per trainee but they didn't have enough qualified trainers.

She loves the Canadian health system so far! She hates her hours (alternating 12-hour days and nights, yuck) but after she gets her permanent resident card in 6 months or so, she can change jobs if she wants to. She says everybody she works with is really friendly and respectful to each other, from the Head of Surgery to the lady who mops the floors, because there's so much less stress. It's totally focused on the patients, and nobody takes her to task for using more than a certain quota of swabs or whatever.

About their attitude to Covid, she says there are a few anti-maskers, but much less than here. They just stand around in small groups, yelling and carrying signs, instead of threatening people with weapons or going into stores to cough on the produce. Most people just scoff at them and avoid them.

I haven't posted here in quite awhile but given the current infection rates I thought I would chime in. First off, best of luck with your shoulder surgery @Cynthia12. Surprisingly the infection rates are rising in my little rural bubble here in North Central Massachusetts. I've been out shopping and gathering things that will keep me comfortable at home in my private bubble. I'm just hoping they don't close the state borders again. I'm so close to the New Hampshire border and we all travel back and forth over the state line frequently. They have re-opened our Senior Center but I don't go there. I think of all the people who are likely spending time with their grandchildren, which honestly I don't blame them, but I don't want to mingle in that "germ pool." Sorry, but I spent nearly a week in the hospital in August (not covid related) but even still, it wasn't a fun experience. Fortunately most people are wearing their masks but the infection rates are still rising likely due to the large parties being hosted by the younger folks (who are probably suffering from Covid burn-out). I just want to hang in there until this isn't such a big threat just like everybody else. I have decided since I have been saving so much money on gas by not having to drive so much, I could contribute that savings to local charities that are helping those less fortunate and struggling with housing issues and food insecurity. This is going to be a tough enough holiday season for all of us, but for those families who are struggling due to lost income it is especially tough. Just MHO. Stay healthy all!

So glad you're back Wee Farmer Sarah! And nice to get to congratulate you on such an empathetic and generous perspective!

Eventually, everyone will get the message about adapting to the REALITY of a virus that doesn't adapt itself to their egos and temper tantrums. And that's good because Covid is most likely not the last new virus we'ill see in our lifetimes in a world of climate change. That's what the Gates Foundation has been working on for a decade now. ...if only we had a government that was as forward thinking.

And that's good because Covid is most likely not the last new virus we'ill see in our lifetimes in a world of climate change. That's what the Gates Foundation has been working on for a decade now. ...if only we had a government that was as forward thinking.
And a bunch of conspiracy theorists think of new world order because of gates research.... and the cv19 is a product of that... blah blah blah

Back
Top Bottom