Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

If I may forgiven for assuming.... If you are "66" then your not "old" by my perspective... Baba(my Gramma) pasted away last year at 103. By that and the genomic data that says our species is designed for 120-35+/- years.... Your just right at middle aged :cool: ;)

True dat?

Oh to be 66 again.

While we're wishing, how about giving 45 another try ? :lau
When I was in highschool Baba started saying she was "31 and holding".... And as I approached 30, myself I joked at the fact, "next year I'll be as old then you." She laughed and every year after that she still laughed her happy laugh. Even when we had the centurion birthday party for her I still got to joke that I was several years older then her as she's been 31 & holding for a while now.... She was pleased.
/Ahhhhh fond memories

It's ok to be. I'll admit I'm afraid. I have a large family, I wouldn't want to lose any of them! I'm not afraid to die.
I'm old..😛 I just want to stick around to help my husband with what he's going through.

I LOVE that attitude, Cynthia. Me too! At 73 I know the time when I'll die of something is in my reasonable future. What it will be isn't of all that much interest to me but I'd prefer NOT being a vector of it to someone else and not to live my final days in pain and deep isolation.

When I was in highschool Baba started saying she was "31 and holding".... And as I approached 30, myself I joked at the fact, "next year I'll be as old then you." She laughed and every year after that she still laughed her happy laugh. Even when we had the centurion birthday party for her I still got to joke that I was several years older then her as she's been 31 & holding for a while now.... She was pleased.
/Ahhhhh fond memories

My sister with RA each year celebrates her "Nth annual 29th birthday party". We can never figure out if I'm about to be older than her or if I'm perpetually 22 years old. :lau

/Ahhhhh fond memories

LOVING that you're indulging happy memories just now! You sound like a really emotionally healthy person going through an inevitable hard time. You're going to get past this.

He has Alzheimer's. I think I mentioned that I'm going in on Tuesday to have shoulder surgery .. need to be able to help lift him if the time comes he needs that kind of help..which I'm told, will. 💜💜

Oh, dear girl! We have Alzheimer's in my family. My grandfather and my mother both had it. And I have friend who, when we were raising our young children, was taking care of her afflicted m-i-l.

That's a VERY TOUGH road. I'm sorry it's yours and your husband's. But you sound up to it. I hope you will have help. Social Service departments in some states will fund caregivers. It's important to take care of yourself while you take care of him.

Does music help? There's interesting research on music calming sufferers and even helping them be present.

My heartfelt wishes go out to you!

Back
Top Bottom