Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Well, we did it. We got up crazy early to vote so we missed the lines (there was still a long line) but I'm not sure waking up at 7AM was worth missing the lines. 😩 The lines were pretending to be socially distanced and masks required but a lot of people were just totally ignoring it.

Came home and a squirrel was eating my butternut squashes.

So, yesterday was our *towns* halloween trick er treat door front walk for the little kids. (Rolls eyes at them) it's a single 4-way stop sign town of ~4500
The usual cycling the the intersection at 5PM is maybe 2-3 minutes in heavy traffic.

Traffic cones on all 4 corners.
4 LEO'S (no masks & no social distancing
It took me more that 10 minutes to get thru the intersection with them doing traffic control for families to do the walk with kiddos.
In that time I saw 1 family wearing masks and trying to social.distance other families and random folks. Well, I stopped counting at 30+ families of trick er treaters intermingling with no masks or regard for social distancing. I also got new emails of later new cases in high and middle school.
My 23y/o yesterday driving by the middle school (left side) & subway (right side) saw all kids of kids w/no masks all packed into subway.....

I was just headed to vote at the one local site I always goto. There was a steady stream of folks to vote, no real "line" to be honest.

So I'm waiting to hear either tonight or tomorrow what my Better-half & other daughters test results are.....

We only get 1-2 groups of kids trick or treating on my street, tops, anyhow. :p So socially distant trick or treating is not a concern for me. I have my one box of full sized candy bars and we're gonna go get a bag of peanut/dairy free candy too just in case, but they were out of the full sized options at costco. We'll have 85% of it left over at the end of the night.

We'll, our daughter in law's mother had a co worker come down with the virus.. so she's in quarantine...and our daughter in law's sister has a co worker that came down with the virus. This makes the second to time her sister has had to quarantine. That virus is running rampid!! electry..and all...stay well.. careful! Off to my Dr tommorow to figure out BP meds and check my potassium. I'll be keeping distance, which they are good at in the foyours, can't always be in the office. I have to wonder about those drs that have to get close to a patient. Bless those front line workers!
I called for a doctor's appointment and they won't give me one until I get tested for Covid. Which involves driving 45 minutes to an hour one way to CVS. Once I get to a town, of course I will shop for stuff we need. In the meantime, I have a sinus infection and ear infection that has been chronic going on 5 years now. Of course, idk how long it takes to get the test back. I am just tired of being sick with this.
Condolences to all who have lost a loved one to this terrible pandemic. I fear it will never end.

Well, fortunately here trick-or-treating has pretty much been forbidden. Nobody wants to trick-or-treat under the circumstances anyway. We have a neighborhood like most towns do, where they go all out for Halloween usually. The streets are closed off and the whole neighborhood becomes one big block party. They have water and first aid station set up as well as a lost and found area for kids who go astray. It’s a pretty big to do here in my small town. Of course that has been canceled this year. We are making the best of it and my 12-year-old is going to have her two quarantine bubble friends over to spend the night outside in a tent and watch scary movies and dress up in costumes. Amazing how resilient kids are under the circumstances!😊

I called for a doctor's appointment and they won't give me one until I get tested for Covid. Which involves driving 45 minutes to an hour one way to CVS. Once I get to a town, of course I will shop for stuff we need. In the meantime, I have a sinus infection and ear infection that has been chronic going on 5 years now. Of course, idk how long it takes to get the test back. I am just tired of being sick with this.
Condolences to all who have lost a loved one to this terrible pandemic. I fear it will never end.
You should see what your options are for telemedicine. I work in this field. Very convenient for most patients, so many insurances are offering this now due to the pandemic. Some of them even have a video option and they can prescribe you antibiotics if you need it to your local pharmacy.😊

Trick or treating here is a door to door affair. If a house has its lights on, they are passing out candy. Kids knock, they get their candy, they move on. Nobody is outside long-term really except the kids - it's usually too cold but kids/teens don't care. I sure didn't as a kid/teen. Some people even drive their kids around because it's a bigish city and some neighborhoods are safer to walk at night than others (and some rich houses have better candy). Our street in particular has almost no kids come down it, but I buy candy each year anyhow - the good stuff too. I'd like to hand out more candy TBH, it's good fun, but there's just nobody to give it out to.

Around here the biggest pandemic threat would be kids bunching on porches or crowding up to bowls. Since we get so few kids, no bunching happens at my house. And we just have a person manning the bowl which is normal anyhow. So we're just going to use tongs or something to hand out candy no-contact socially distant and not worry about it.

Took my mail in ballot yesterday to a town 20 minutes to the east....near grocery stores I go to.. There was a closer one to the west, but I would have to drive through a bad neighborhood.
The line for early voting was masked and social distancing... I counted 30 people outside waiting. Reports of early voting in town east next to me of 1&1/2 hrs. But the city to the west, the courthouse and the spanish center it's a 15 minutes wait. People are saying it's better run and more booths, that plenty of people are voting. No one said any issues with masks or distancing

Back
Top Bottom