Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I was just told, “the nurse said only one person needs tested per household to exit quarantine.” Is that really a thing? I find it very difficult to believe.
The logic in that idea does hold water to my modest idea of the scientific method. Especially after reading that icelandic article I made reference to earlier here.... IIRC.

While I do understand where you're coming from, I have found that it's the opposite for me. I am lucky to live in a very community-centric neighborhood, and I've joined the Neighborhood associated FB group.
I am refreshed to see this.... As my gentle return to FB-land and getting *approved* to join local "groups" .... I've run across a lot of those who are very ...... anti-mask and well.... That's the cleanest stuff I can share of that. They are mostly "very angry election posts." (Sigh)

I have also done this for the *home school groups* around the DFW area and they are a bit quite so far..... (So jury is still out on them as data is to small a sample).

AMEN!, Mary. I don't do any social media at all and the more time that goes by and the more I learn about how it's used to manipulate people and intrude into their lives the happier I am about the situation. We also have declined to install any of the devices that wire households to the internet, Ring, Alexa, etc. aren't welcome in our house.

Forums and e-mail give me all the opportunity I need to find community, exchange information and stay in touch.

I am refreshed to see this.... As my gentle return to FB-land and getting *approved* to join local "groups" .... I've run across a lot of those who are very ...... anti-mask and well.... That's the cleanest stuff I can share of that. They are mostly "very angry election posts." (Sigh)

I have also done this for the *home school groups* around the DFW area and they are a bit quite so far..... (So jury is still out on them as data is to small a sample).

I do feel very lucky to have this neighborhood community. It is, shall we say, uncommon for the area we live in. It's not a hoity-toity neighborhood by any stretch, but the pro-mask sentiment seems to be dominant. I can't say the same for even a mile or two down the road.
This is why I haven't set foot in a grocery store since March.

Back
Top Bottom