Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I didn't read through the whole thread but thought I'd comment. If it wasn't for covid and hubs being laid off for 5 weeks we would not have chickens! Lol and I am enjoying the heck out of my chickens!!

We have been very fortunate all considering. Hubs and son traveled all spring, summer and fall for work but we didn't get it until last time out of town for the season. Go figure. Lol
I do have Crohn's disease and it knocked my immune system down enough to give me shingles a couple weeks after. I would not wish that on anyone!! And I'm too young to qualify for the shingles vaccine 😒 anyways, like I said, fortunate all considering so that's all I have to complain about.

I love the site and found an interesting friend, a freelance writer from Chickens Magazine. We are keeping busy with articles. Just got my second article copy from the magazine and so excited to be included with personal quotes and experiences that provide knowledge to someone new to chickens. I find the information knowledge reliable and helpful but have to take info. with a grain of salt. Someone else's experiences may not be yours. I have three articles for the website for myself but can't bring myself to finish yet but will get to it. Time is relative right now.

Since I am not in the market, not affecting me. I can obtain any products I need since buy local here mostly online right now. Hope all are doing well. My husband received covid-19 vaccine since in healthcare but I have not since just considered family. When at pharmacy would not hesitate to get it. Bright side flu is down a few cases this year because of masks and social distancing. Hope all who expect revenue and work are also working. My daughter was unemployed for awhile due to layoffs and is working again. Had to pay back $2300 to IN unemployment in overpayment. She broke up with boyfriend and back home at Dads again. Mom here of course paid the bill. Tears or sorrow of your child in need always call to us to help. I should just reassure her this too shall pass and she can slowly pay it off on own because they let you but I love my child and hate her to suffer. OH well at least she is back to work and home. Im sure she appreciates her parents for helping her out. I hope this pays me back some day when old and alone. Cheers and safekeeping everyone.
Same here for us. This last time of bailing out has to be repaid in monthly installments. One time too many for me I guess😉 but we do love them and hate to see them struggle. I, too, hope it will be paid back when we are old☺️ hahaha

The conspiracy theory that the vaccine is dangerous and going to kill people.

There's NO evidence that anyone will die from the vaccine.
Nobody has died from the vaccine.
Absolutely nobody.
Not even the people who got vaccinated as early as may and have had it in their system for 2/3rds of a year now.
The shot has a lower anaphylaxis rate than most common antibiotics.
BYC staff has asked people who don't think the virus is serious to not participate here.

The cure is, definitively, not worse than the disease. 0 deaths and a handful of treated allergic reactions verses 400K deaths and countless permanent preexisting condition and lingering disease effects.
The only way to believe otherwise is to believe that COVID isn't as bad as all that. In which case I direct you to the final link above.

It's important that we all go out and get vaccinated. Every person should be doing their part to keep other people and themselves safe, especially our families and friends.

The conspiracy theory that the vaccine is dangerous and going to kill people.

There's NO evidence that anyone will die from the vaccine.
Nobody has died from the vaccine.
Absolutely nobody.
Not even the people who got vaccinated as early as may and have had it in their system for 2/3rds of a year now.
The shot has a lower anaphylaxis rate than most common antibiotics.
BYC staff has asked people who don't think the virus is serious to not participate here.

The cure is, definitively, not worse than the disease. 0 deaths and a handful of treated allergic reactions verses 400K deaths and countless permanent preexisting condition and lingering disease effects.
The only way to believe otherwise is to believe that COVID isn't as bad as all that. In which case I direct you to the final link above.

It's important that we all go out and get vaccinated. Every person should be doing their part to keep other people and themselves safe, especially our families and friends.
I’ll respnd to the rest of your post when I have more time later, but fir now let me address two things. First, I think this is a very serious illness. I never said or insinuated it wasn’t. Second, you seem to have a problem with dissent. Maybe I’m reading it wrong. Maybe the labeling of my question with an inflammatory term while posting a face slap emoji helped inform this opinion. You seem to have reached your conclusion. I have very legetimate concerns about this vaccine. For the record I am not anti-vaxx in general. But every vaccine or medicine we take as a family is well researched by us. I see troubling reactions and a troubling lack of transparency concerning these vaccines. The companies that did animal trials won’t release that data. Why?

They did release the data;
https://www.drugdiscoverytrends.com...trial-results-for-covid-19-vaccine-candidate/
" In a viral infection model, macaques received two injections with 100 µg of the vaccine candidate and macaques that received saline control injections were challenged 55 days after the second immunization with a high viral inoculum of about 1 million plaque-forming units of SARS-CoV-2. Immunization with BNT162b2 reduced viral infection with no viral RNA detected in the lower respiratory tract of the immunized animals, while the control group demonstrated evidence of viral RNA. "

“The data we have shared today include the characterization of our lead candidate BNT162b2, as well as key animal studies that were the basis for our clinical programs. They have enabled us to advance BNT162b2 into Phase 3 evaluation,”

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/resea...se-animals-to-covid-19-mrna-vaccine-candidate

Back
Top Bottom