Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I live in fear of the untested vaccine and the side affects. I hope it is not mandated. All

to be honest guys I don’t know who to believe any more as far as media. We have turned it all off. I am on chicken groups and that’s it. I have no plan to get a vaccine because if the questionable additives in it. I am afraid to go to the doctor to get the Covid test for fear of being in some future group moved to a camp somewhere. Done with politics after the voting scams. There is no reason to vote as long as those machines are in use and the same people are running the elections. I feel like Covid is a man made virus and was used as a political move to put fear into people so we would accept the new political push to one world order. and it worked I am now afraid thanks to the social media and the news. And the only thing we look forward to these days is getting more chickens and a trip to the feed store every two weeks.

My mom used to passionately believe in the new world order theories. I remember the UN flag burning she took me to. She refused to get on disability because the government would track her. She owned guns, and bug out bags stocked with MREs in case they came for her guns and we had to flee into the night. We had survival magazines lying around the house and there were these local talk shows she'd listen to called things like "domestic terrorism". I can't count how many gun shows I went to as a kid. As she was, you probably would have had a lot of respect for her. That's the house I grew up in. That's how I was raised.

Then she got cancer. We didn't know for a long time because she distrusted doctors. By the time she knew what was wrong she was stage 4 and dying. She had previously been trying to treat her problem with at home remedies. Fish antibiotics and over the counter detox cleanses. But of course they didn't work. Biology doesn't care about your theory of government or alternative treatments. It either kills you or doesn't. Doctors can be negotiated with - your own body killing you can't.
The next five years she spent in and out of hospitals. Suddenly none of it mattered any more. It doesn't matter if someone is tracking you if the alternative is being dead. It doesn't really matter if doctors aren't trustworthy if you don't have a solution for yourself. The only way you can live with cancer is to literally inject enough poison into your body to kill the disease. The doctors were completely up front with her that it was going to be the worst experience of her life and she would die someday from it anyhow she did it anyhow. She fought like hell. They gave her 3 years to live and her determination gave her five.
She started focusing on herself. I never in my whole life, no matter how many guns or bug out bags or MREs or drill plans we had prepared, saw her happier or more secure than those years while she was dying. And it was incredibly sad because in the years she was healthy she was miserable every single day. She was scared of her neighbors. She was scared of the media. She was scared of the government. She was scared all the time to the point that she prepared for years on the run. She refused to carry a photo ID. And she never needed an ounce of it.

Last year I cleaned her pantry for my dad and I threw away a hundred expired MREs. Those things take decades to expire. Like it was a metaphor for her life, all the things that were the product of that fear, wasted for decades. Nothing she was scared of ever happened. Not even when she publicly campaigned for open carry laws. Not when she wrote hundreds of postcards to her "Congress critters" with her name and address on them. Not when she was homeschooling her kids and the school system knew they weren't attending anymore. Nobody ever knocked on our door or swept her away in a black van, even though they surely knew where she lived and what she was doing. Instead it was just her own body that did her in.

I don't have a good solution for you. I was never my mom. Her choices made me miserable and killed a lot of opportunities regarding schooling. Growing up that way it was such a relief to leave. None of what she was worried about ever happened. I spent my whole life homeschooling and alone from it and my world expanded so fast when I started believing that people were showing me who they were through their actions.

But I really really hope you figure out how to find peace before none of it matters any more. Life exists to live and what my mom did wasn't living. Nobody should have to live that way.

Edit; Incidentally if you wanna talk about this more, you should PM me. Conspiracy theories are not really a good topic for here.

Last edited:
It was a weird way to grow up for sure. There were a few benefits, but if I got to do it all over again I wouldn't have chosen it.

Distrust of "the system" when it comes to medicine killed my mom, and it kills other people. There's good reasons to distrust doctors and self advocate. I'm ALL for that. I'm all for people doing real research and making informed choices from plain facts. But when your distrust stops you from getting something that could save your life it's probably not serving your survival anymore.

Neither is sharing anti-vaxxing propaganda.

A lot of us here have been struggling with Covid. We have friends who are doctors watching people die every day. Many of us have had it in our homes. People we know have died. People we know are still getting sick. People we know are at risk. Bodies are getting stacked in trucks outside hospitals. Patients are getting put in gift shops because there's no beds. 2 out of every 5 Americans live next to a hospital with no capacity. Our nation is in a crisis.

This person has consistently refused to show compassion in the face of that. Additionally they refuse to follow moderator requests to not engage in the thread if you find Coronavirus to not be a serious issue. Instead they have posted a LOT of anti vaccine rhetoric, dogwhistles, and propaganda straight from Russia. Almost every article or quote or website has had ties specifically to anti vaccine extremists, and not about just this vaccine but groups that oppose ALL vaccines. They've lied straight to our faces about public research on the vaccine being unavailable and even statements about things they've posted earlier in the thread. And some of their behavior has followed patterns of abuse and gaslighting which are deliberately manipulative and I've been trained to spot. They have been given MANY opportunities to engage civly. Most of those posts have been removed by mods, so I understand if it all seems rather out of nowhere. But some haven't.

Most social media websites have chosen to flag or remove people and posts who behave this way. The old way of managing this was the marketplace of ideas where people would refute false information publicly. Byc doesn't have the tools those large websites have. I will, forever and ever, combat false information.

There's a far, far cry between being kinda worried about a vaccine and posting dangerous lies deliberately in the face of people who are dying. They could opt to just not do those things at any time. But until then I'm not obligated to treat people who behave in that way nicely and I will call a stone a stone.
What is helpful is posting information and letting people make their own decisions and that can be done without the rudeness

What is helpful is posting information and letting people make their own decisions and that can be done without the rudeness

It can. But only if both people are playing by the same rules and agree to fundamentals of reality. When someone choses to play by different rules decorum only serves the abusive party. I won't play by rules that other people don't.

I'm also always happy to start out politely and compassionately, even with people I disagree with strongly. This person is not "starting out" any more.

You asked why, I explained it. That's all there is to it.

It can. But only if both people are playing by the same rules and agree to fundamentals of reality. When someone choses to play by different rules decorum only serves the abusive party. I won't play by rules that other people don't.

You asked why, I explained it.
Are you saying being right is more important than being kind?

Back
Top Bottom