Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

How many chickens do you have? I just started last year and have 7, 6 girls and 1 boy all about to be a year old soon
By the end of the day(several hatching) we will have around 40. I have had chickens off abs on my whole life. We decided to hatch a few more because its fun and because of incredible delays is the postal system make me concerned about my hatchery order.

Where I live the groceries are violating customer limits. It's not a problem with the very big Stores but smaller ones are regularly violating it. It's thought that it's because it's regularly dipping well below freezing here so the stores dont wanna let people stand outside and risk getting sued for frostbite and ADA issues.

G has a work from home job now... Amusingly in the biomedical technology industry. But D still works at a grocery. New COVID case alerts still come in every couple of days - the same rate that G got sick during. It worries me.

All the rural areas around us thought that they were safe... Right until they weren't. I watched all summer as case counts climbed and climbed while people would laugh at me for masking. Now they all have uncontrolled spread. Where I live case counts actually have gone DOWN in the countrysides because winter keeps everyone at home (except for holiday case spikes). People were careless and cases climbed all summer. I have NO faith that they won't keep climbing next summer.
Gosh, I sure hope not.

By the end of the day(several hatching) we will have around 40. I have had chickens off abs on my whole life. We decided to hatch a few more because its fun and because of incredible delays is the postal system make me concerned about my hatchery order.
Wow thats a lot of chickens lol I dont think I could handle that many but wish I could just to have variety. I have Buff orpingtons, black austrolorps and a New Hampshire red. I would love some Easter Eggers and laced Wyandottes

I,ve been reading these posts for a few mths now but never posted .Sometimes it does seem to get a bit hostile ,more lately ,I think it shows people are getting tired of living like this but I think we still have a long way to get through it ,we all just have to have patience and try to be kind to each other .Being nasty gets you nowhere .I,m in england and we have just been told the death total has reached over 100,000, we just have to hope things will improve and do our best to help everyone .

On another website today someone told me the COVID vaccine caused cancer because it was designed with black magic and people worshipping Moloch and the devil to control the human population. There may have been the implication of "Them" consuming baby souls because they don't have any as well.

They said that dead baseball player was proof of their theories. This is why I stick to studies, yall.

Wow thats a lot of chickens lol I dont think I could handle that many but wish I could just to have variety. I have Buff orpingtons, black austrolorps and a New Hampshire red. I would love some Easter Eggers and laced Wyandottes
Yes. I love the variety. Its like an exotic bird zoo where I can pet all of the birds 😁. One good thing about Rona is way more people raise chickens now.

So I have seen this thread pop up several times, and I will be honest - I was a bit of a cynic and didn't really pay much attention. I didn't read most of the posts because I like some other folks felt like the media was blowing things out of proportion and was becoming a little 'numb' to the 'pandemic'. I consider myself an educated person. I had not really been directly affected by COVID, so I guess I sort of just brushed it off and didn't give a lot of credence to how serious COVID and this pandemic had become.

That was until this past week. A family friend was taken to the ER a couple weeks ago with difficulty breathing. Next thing we find out, he's on a ventilator and having to have dialysis. That was two weeks ago - he passed away on Friday. He had COVID, and up until he was admitted to the hospital he was a healthy, active, vibrant human being. Not someone at high risk, not someone with contributing underlying health conditions. I have known his wife my entire adult life, and this couple lives literally around the corner from me and my family. I cannot even begin to imagine the heartbreak she is experiencing right now. Nothing prepares you for a loved one's death, but I believe that is even more true in this particular scenario.

This person's passing has caused both me and my husband to start having conversations that until recently I was convinced we were much too young to be having.

I guess the long and short of it is, until it affects you personally in a deeply personal or negative way, you may not realize how devastating this little virus can be. I am sorry to all of those who have lost loved ones and livelihoods because of this pandemic.

Sending out wishes for comfort and healing to anyone/everyone affected because now I see.

Back
Top Bottom