Do You Have Ivermectin in Your Farm Cabinet?

• Yes. I keep some on hand for worming cattle, pigs, horses, goats, etc.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes. I keep some on hand to deal with mites and other pests of chickens.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes. I keep some on hand for possible coronavirus prophylaxis.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. I live in the tropics and take it for river blindness.

• No. I do not use ivermectin or any other insecticide or medication with my animals.

• I don’t have chickens or any other livestock.

• I am currently taking ivermectin myself. Won’t say why. It’s not nice to talk about worms ...

• What’s this about?

• I just use OP or SP eartags on my cattle. Iver-whaaat?

• Organic farm. We don’t use that stuff.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruthster55

Crowing
10 Years
Nov 23, 2013
Northern South America
In this thread, we will discuss the use of ivermectin both in treatment of our chickens for things like mites, and its possible use against COVID.

I don’t want to take any position on ivermectin except as an excellent anti parasitic medication for cattle, pigs, chickens, and more.

One of the problems I have had with broody hatches is MITES. Yuck! The mite population builds up because the mostly sedentary broody hen defends herself less against ectoparasites than a normally active chicken would. Until now, we have have treated mite-ridden broody hens with a permethrin shampoo that is sold in pharmacies for treatment of children with head lice which are so easy to get at school or day care. The shampoo is safe, but because insects and mites often develop resistance to insecticides, it’s good to know about an alternative or something that can be rotated for dealing with mites on broody hens. Ivermectin is the alternative to rotate with pyrethroids for dealing with mites on chickens....

Ivermectin may be off label for use on chickens, but broody hens don’t lay any eggs for quite a while, so eating the eggs isn’t a worry because there aren’t any.

https://www.adelaidechickensittingservice.com/blog/treating-mites-on-mother-hen-chicks#:~:text=TREATING%20FOR%20MITES%20AFTER%20HATCHING,hen%20and%20her%20chicks%3A%20IVERMECTIN.&text=Ivermectin%20has%20an%20egg%20withhold,have%20left%20mother%20hen's%20side.

This is thread is intended for open discussion of ivm, which is also known as Mectizan.

Ivermectin has an awesome human use in treating and eliminating the filarial worms that cause onchocerciasis, known as river blindness.

Regarding, COVID, the NIH now places ivm in the same category as convalescent plasma and monoclonal antibodies. It can be used as a COVID treatment, although no endorsement is made.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-...19-Recommendation-Change-Jan15.2021-final.pdf

I want to invite open and free-wheeling discussion here, but let’s keep it to ivermectin. Other compounds can have their own threads. This thread is not about vaccinations of any sort, but feel free to discuss any aspect of ivermectin!

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

55C8FA62-48F2-4117-8656-A5164F27E0CE.jpeg

When I had a particularly resilient mite infestation in my coops, I tried a few different mite treatments that didn’t work. I got ivermectin (I believe it was labeled for cattle) and treated my chickens with it twice. Because I had mostly roosters at the time, the egg withdrawal period wasn’t really a problem for me. I like ivermectin because you don’t have to dust/spray the entire chicken, and there’s no danger of dust inhalation.

I was feeling sick last week and got the dosage from a co worker for the ivermectin corona treatment. I took two doses three days apart. The coughing stopped immediately after Taking the first dose. I still feel tired and I have a headache but doing ok and it does not seem to be getting any worse. I am taking D3, C, and club soda with quinine.
My doctor will not treat unless I get the swab up the nose and i really don’t see a point in doing that. It appears they just want the numbers. Normally giving me the z pack is the first thing they try. Now you can’t get a z pack anywhere unless you do the test. 😡 my doctor used to get paid by me but now he works for CDC and wants to bill me for their test.

Back
Top Bottom