Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

So this past year, single layers weren't effective?

My guess is that there's more research now on the transmissibility of the virus (single layers must not be that effective with the numbers of cases and deaths), many people wear super loose fitting masks that leave all the sides relatively open, and the CDC and other organizations are worried about the new strains and mutations.

So this past year, single layers weren't effective?
Prior to the new variants, one mask was effective (though they've always recommended at least 3 layers on the cloth masks). In recent months, the virus has had mutations that make it much more contagious; hence, the double mask recommendation. They are still learning about this new virus, so don't be surprised if we see recommendations changing to meet the challenge of a constantly mutating virus. Also, research takes time, so sometimes they make the best recommendation they can in the short-term, while longer-term research may eventually yield more information that wasn't known prior.

Hahaha - same here! When I go out, my hair gets pulled back into a bun and that's it. Although a bun is really handy for keeping mask straps in place: top strap goes above the bun, bottom strap goes below, I get a nice seal that way. 😷
The bun is the only way to go 😂 ! In the early days of the pandemic, I wore a cloth mask under a rubber Halloween fox mask to mortify my kids and scare the chickens, but that presented both a breathing, seeing, and bad hair day problem. I guess the upshot is the prodigious amounts of money we're saving on makeup because our faces can't be seen under masks and plastic shields and the time we're saving by wearing a bun every time we go out lol.

Back
Top Bottom