Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Hi my peeps!!! :)

We're opening this back up again. I want to AGAIN reiterate that we'll be keeping an eye out for reports and taking swift action against anyone that breaks our rules, especially those that take this thread into any politics!

If you can't stick to the topic, avoid politics, and be friendly / civil, find another thread (or site) in which to participate!

:thumbsup

Also, a reminder on best-practices:

1. If you see something that bothers you, try to have a thick skin and move past it. Definitely don't quote it and/or reply.
  2. If a post breaks our rules, report it. Definitely don't quote it and/or reply.
  3. Avoid politics and other topics, posts, etc., that will cause contention. Our team will determine, at our discretion, what we feel is and isn't appropriate, so it's best to err on the side of caution and stay away from anything that might be interpreted as contentious, trolling, political, or breaking our rules.

Our AMAZING team is putting in a LOT of time and effort to keep this running smoothly. Please help make their jobs easier! (because at some point, the scale of work to keep this open won't be worth the time / stress to our incredible moderators).

Thanks again to all those that follow our rules and play nice!

We have been trained to have THICK SKINS like reptiles...or mean chooks....cheez louise .....

But let’s please be nice and share stories from being vaccinated and the like.

As for me, I’m really happy about the approval of the J+J one shot vaccine!

I really hope that gets things moving and gets us crusty, thick-skinned, resistant-to-being-picked-on chooks...vaccinated!!

Now on to the picking and chicking!

P.S. (No cockfights allowed, although that’s what happens when things escalate.....).

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm curious, but what is something you have ENJOYED from the covid-related changes? Not to make light of the disease or suffering, but to look on the bright side.

For me, one has been more time outside...I miss some of my indoor socializing/activities, but it's been good to be outdoors more.

Another is that I don't think we would have gotten chickens otherwise. They were an impulse "pre lockdown" purchase by my spouse...that we all loved.

I was verbally abused THREE SEPARATE TIMES today for politely asking people to put masks on in the store that I work. I was told that I am "a brainwashed idiot. HEALTHY PEOPLE DON"T WEAR MASKS! Read the CDC guidelines (guidelines are posted in the store saying everyone over 5 y/o has to wear masks, no medical exemptions in New Hampshire.)
A separate person said I was "an ******** that promoted a tyrannical government and the fall of American values." This guy was wearing a firearm and attempting to intimidate me.

These both were reactions to me, after biting my tongue the whole time they shopped and ringing them up and being super polite, ask them to please wear a mask NEXT TIME they were in the store. I am so disgusted and disappointed right now. To me it is not about personal beliefs. Our establishment, in accordance with state mandates, requires a mask. Why do people think they can completely disregard the rules and still get the services we offer? If they don't want to wear a mask, they are free not to do that, but then don't expect to get the same privileges as people following the rules, like access to our store. I was kind and respectful to these people, and they immediately devolved into INSANE conspiracy like insults and name calling. It's frankly sad and terrifying to me.

Sorry for the rant. Just had to get this out. Am I crazy? Should I have just kept my mouth shut?

Last edited:
Sorry for the rant. Just had to get this out. Am I crazy? Should I have just kept my mouth shut?
I'm so sorry that happened to you. Maybe you should ask management if you need to say something or not? It seems like maybe they need to have "bouncers" at the door if they are going to enforce the rule, not ask you to do it.

I was verbally abused THREE SEPARATE TIMES today for politely asking people to put masks on in the store that I work. I was told that I am "a brainwashed idiot. HEALTHY PEOPLE DON"T WEAR MASKS! Read the CDC guidelines (guidelines are posted in the store saying everyone over 5 y/o has to wear masks, no medical exemptions in New Hampshire.)
A separate person said I was "an asshole that promoted a tyrannical government and the fall of American values." This guy was wearing a firearm and attempting to intimidate me.

These both were reactions to me, after biting my tongue the whole time they shopped and ringing them up and being super polite, ask them to please wear a mask NEXT TIME they were in the store. I am so disgusted and disappointed right now. To me it is not about personal beliefs. Our establishment, in accordance with state mandates, requires a mask. Why do people think they can completely disregard the rules and still get the services we offer? If they don't want to wear a mask, they are free not to do that, but then don't expect to get the same privileges as people following the rules, like access to our store. I was kind and respectful to these people, and they immediately devolved into INSANE conspiracy like insults and name calling. It's frankly sad and terrifying to me.

What's the policy if they don't wear shoes or pants or something else required? Should be the same response... like no service

Back
Top Bottom