Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

This reminds me that I forgot to mention that I got my second shot a few weeks ago. I had mentioned the first one here and then forgot to mention the second one. šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ My dad got his second one too. Not sure about my mom. Her and I got Pfizer and he got Moderna. We just took whatever they had haha
Congrats! I donā€™t know how it works in other states, but Vermont has a state run ā€œportalā€ where you go to schedule getting tested or vaccinated. The cool thing is that once you get through the irritating process of scheduling the first appointment (so many stupid demographic questions), you can log in and refresh until something better pops up. It does tell you what type of vaccine is given where. I was originally scheduled to get the Pfizer vaccine on 05/04, but got lucky when I checked the portal last night before bed and was able to snag todayā€™s slot instead! Iā€™m just happy that Iā€™ll soon be able to visit my stepmother in Maine for the first time in 15 months!

Congrats! I donā€™t know how it works in other states, but Vermont has a state run ā€œportalā€ where you go to schedule getting tested or vaccinated. The cool thing is that once you get through the irritating process of scheduling the first appointment (so many stupid demographic questions), you can log in and refresh until something better pops up. It does tell you what type of vaccine is given where. I was originally scheduled to get the Pfizer vaccine on 05/04, but got lucky when I checked the portal last night before bed and was able to snag todayā€™s slot instead! Iā€™m just happy that Iā€™ll soon be able to visit my stepmother in Maine for the first time in 15 months!
Yeah, I think my mom called when it had like just opened up or something so it was a nightmare haha she just kept calling back šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Sounds like the same here, I said earlier I think a lot of people shopping for what's best for them so keep looking slots open up here and there that weren't there moments before. I'm scheduled again for Friday JJ vaccine day I'm off quarantine, running out I heard.

CDC people not sure if it's county or state some of them can be #+^? .
DW has dealt with them mostly. Most of them calling everyday said she can speak for all of us, one had to speak with me individually, DW said that was the bad one. She told her I was outside rototilling the garden, had to speak to me.. says do u have any symptoms?, just as my wife told u NO, do you need anything food or otherwise? just as my wife told you NO,
My thought afterwords (should've told her running short on beer, send some beer lady!...)
DW said she was pretty nasty, we caused a hot spot, ... DW is too nice, wish I heard her say that. We're one family yeah seven of us and it was Easter, DWs sister her husband and son came over, and MIL, so eleven people total, ONE person tested positive for covid, ONE, dang that's a huge hot spot.

Well I couldn't get vaccinated Tue cause of stupid quarantine looking like I might not this Fri cause Govt stopped it's use (JJ), six women out of nine million vaccinated developed blood clots.
If the government is going to put it on 'pause' is it safe or not? How many will die because the govt won't allow vaccinations they have been claiming are perfectly safe?? (And been saying if you don't agree they are safe you are a dangerous wacky nut case)

See, that's interesting. I know there are people who think masks don't work against this airborne virus, and that's their prerogative. But to me, it just makes common sense. We know the virus spreads mainly by airborne particles. Granted, those particles are very tiny. But any type of barrier between the source of the particles and the air around a person would intuitively seem to at least be better than nothing.

Then, adding more layers to thwart the small size of the particles, is even better.

Combined with social distancing, and I think masks, logically, must be better than nothing. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

ETA: because I know folks will point out, yes, of course there are situations for which folks cannot safely or easily wear a mask. I"m only talking about the physical process of preventing the Covid virus, not talking about folks' choice to wear one or not.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom