Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I wonder if the pharma that makes the expensive vaccines = make a large profit are behind this ‘scaring the people’. (Just an idea that popped).

Chances getting this rare kind of thrombosis from a J&J vaccination for everyone over 30 is much smaller then getting severe ill from Covid. If “they” want yo be safe they could say it’s a good vaccine for men above 30 and woman over 50. Let the people decide if they prefer another vaccine at a later moment on the basis of good information.
I'm hoping it's only a short pause, hope it's going again by my appointment for it Fri.

No, I am dead serious. If our (United States) government is truly forcing anyone to stay inside their home, I will actively protest it. I'd like to know where it is happening, if it truly is.

Societal pressure to stay home during a pandemic is different. That's not forcing.
They ask people who have a household member that tests positive to quarantine at home

They ask people who have a household member that tests positive to quarantine at home
Seems reasonable; after all, one of the functions of government is to ensure the safety and well being of its citizens. Where does the force come in, though? Do they station a military guard outside the door with a rifle? Do they take people away in handcuffs if they go to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription or step outside to walk the dog?

In some countries, that may have happened for short periods. Not here in the U.S., as far as I know.

Seems reasonable; after all, one of the functions of government is to ensure the safety and well being of its citizens. Where does the force come in, though? Do they station a military guard outside the door with a rifle? Do they take people away in handcuffs if they go to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription or step outside to walk the dog?

In some countries, that may have happened for short periods. Not here in the U.S., as far as I know.
He replied that he was exaggerating.... frustration does that.
So your being sarcastic and I was over exaggerating :highfive:.
I was tempted to tell them today not to call us anymore but DW wouldn't let me answer the phone lol.

Please remember I'm A nurse not Your nurse. But if your worried about a chance of blood clots, ask your doctor if it would be helpful of harmful to take an aspirin daily for a couple weeks. It is a low dose "blood thinner" platelet aggregator.

Allergic reactions are a very common side effect with Aspirins (NSAID’s).

Aspirins for 2 weeks are probably more dangerous /show more risks on side effects than the Jansen vaccin.

Allergic reactions are a very common side effect with Aspirins (NSAID’s).

Aspirins for 2 weeks are probably more dangerous /show more risks on side effects than the Jansen vaccin.
True the chance of a reaction to the vaccine is much greater but only because the chance of a reaction from either is miniscule.
Allergy.org notes,
"Aspirin can cause allergic reactions in some people. Symptoms include flushing, itchy rashes (hives), blocked and runny nose and asthma (sometimes severe), usually within an hour of taking a tablet. If you have hives (urticaria), nasal polyps or asthma, your risk of aspirin allergy is 10-30% compared to 1% in people without these conditions. These reactions can also be triggered by non-aspirin NSAIDs."
I would add that young children, persons with gastrointestinal or renal problems should not take aspirin but these are not allergic reactions.

No, I am dead serious. If our (United States) government is truly forcing anyone to stay inside their home, I will actively protest it. I'd like to know where it is happening, if it truly is.

Societal pressure to stay home during a pandemic is different. That's not forcing.
Well I'm not being forced but if I don't comply with a voluntary 10 day quarantine they threaten to force (anybody who comes in contact with a covid positive must do it not just because someone in our home)
From the 'ORDER';

"It has been determined that you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19, a communicable disease that has the potential to adversely affect your health and the health of the public. Therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me by section 2100 of the Public Health Law of the State of New York and 10 NYCRR NYCRR § 2.29 as the Public Health Director , I do hereby order that you quarantine yourself"
"Failure to comply with this request may result in the issuance of a Public Health Director Order pursuant to Public Health Law § 2100, or a Court Order of commitment pursuant to Public Health Law § 2120 for your involuntary commitment enforced by COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT and/or law enforcement officials. Willful breach of a Court Order may be considered contempt of Court and may result in criminal prosecution."
Failure to follow these guidelines or to remain in quarantine may result in placement in involuntary quarantine or committed to a facility where you may be quarantined against your wishes"

Back
Top Bottom