Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

So far, it appears that most of the variants that have emerged are covered by the vaccine. Most of them have changes in some other part of the virus particle, not the spike protein that the vaccines target. The strain from South Africa was causing concern for scientists, but so far the vaccine appears to be working well enough. I will go look up to see if there have been enough cases to calculate a vaccine efficacy rate different than 94%.
Which variants are not covered?

and...if you have no religious values...then death doesn’t really matter...correct?
Thats how I see it. I don't care when I die, and I don't worry about where i'll "go"

Although thats not the same for everybody. Some want to stay alive for as long as possible and are concerned about putting things into their body

both are valid

That said, I do care a LOT about HOW I die. I personally would rather not it be drowning in a sludge of my own blood and exploded lung tissue.

I know of several ways to prevent this, and so I've kept up with a good diet and seasonal flu vaccinations and now the COVID vaccination. It is a matter of identifying a hazard and mitigating it. There are many tools available to do so, and the more complete your toolset, the better prepared you are. Thus...

Be prepared, not scared!

Last edited:
That said, I do care a LOT about HOW I die. I personally would rather not it be drowning in a sludge of my own blood and exploded lung tissue.

I know of several ways to prevent this, and so I've kept up with seasonal flu vaccinations and now the COVID vaccination. It is a matter of identifying a hazard and mitigating it.

Be prepared, not scared!

Back
Top Bottom