Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Screenshot 2021-05-13 18.03.23.png

:wee
Congrats!

My life without vaccinations: I’m working at home a lot. I go to my office only 2 - 3 times a week to prevent working in the same room as the co-worker I share the room with.
The chickens are happy with it bc they can free range more often.

Mdh and me limited our contacts and just see our daughter every weekend and our son who lives further away quit often.

We have rarely seen other family and friends last winter / spring until recently. Now we can safely meet outside on sunny days. And some of them had their first vaccination now. It is great to meet again. Even without the usual, ancient hug.

So I’m really glad to get my first vaccination tomorrow. Life is opening up already. The numbers with Covid infected people are still high but slowly decrease. The hospitals and ICU still have too many Covid patients to schedule the lesser urgent operations and therapy’s.

So happy for you @BDutch. Things are starting to resemble some normalcy here and it is great. I'm working on controlling my pandemic "hoarding" illness and only stocking up for a regular month's supply of groceries and paper products. They are lightening up on wearing masks outdoors here, but I have trust issues and will continue to wear mine for now. Again, congratulations on your vaccine shot. You're on your way!

My second vaccine is scheduled in 2 weeks, then in mid-June I'll be able to go places. Not that I care all that much, I've enjoyed having a good excuse to work on my garden and avoid crowds.
My workplace is still requiring masks for the time being, fine with me.
The only thing I miss is visiting my sister in Canada and my Mom in Florida. Should be able to happen later this summer or fall.

Hubby and I were both vaccinated with both shots awhile ago. The only thing I had was a sore arm with the first shot and fine with the second. Hubby was ok on his first shot but had a sore arm on his second one. I did worry before especially since I sell my eggs and I was concerned with customers touching the handle to the cooler and the money. Then recently the CDC said you couldn't contact covid from surfaces after telling us previously to wash our hands for at least 20 seconds???

So happy for you @BDutch. Things are starting to resemble some normalcy here and it is great. I'm working on controlling my pandemic "hoarding" illness and only stocking up for a regular month's supply of groceries and paper products. They are lightening up on wearing masks outdoors here, but I have trust issues and will continue to wear mine for now. Again, congratulations on your vaccine shot. You're on your way!
My hubby is from Mass. After talking to friends and family there, you people have had it rough with all of the rules and regulations. Some family members came down to Florida not long ago and was surprised how open everything is here. Most of the stores here request customers wear masks but I've seen plenty of people without them in the stores. I still have been wearing mine when I go shopping even though I've been vaccinated but I'm going to stop. Many places here such as Walmart are discontinuing the request for customers to wear masks when shopping and several other stores are too.

Back
Top Bottom