Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I'll not link as I think you know what I meant.

I don't know what that means,
It's a measurement of the heart muscle's efficiency, Ejection Fraction. No pump operates at 100%, even the heart. But 55% is a lot of damage. I've seen people live on 10% but getting out of bed almost out of the question.

I spoke to a ultrasound tech today after he had measured the heart of a Covid patient. I asked if they were finding a lot of damage from the virus. He said "Yes. Especially in the unvaccinated ones."

I understand but linked is a vague word. This fellow was hiking in Colorado last week and has a 55% ejection fraction this week.

It's a measurement of the heart muscle's efficiency, Ejection Fraction. No pump operates at 100%, even the heart. But 55% is a lot of damage. I've seen people live on 10% but getting out of bed almost out of the question.
🤔what him percent last week!? how this work???!
The ejection fraction is usually measured only in the left ventricle. The left ventricle is the heart's main pumping chamber. It pumps oxygen-rich blood up into your body's main artery (aorta) to the rest of the body.

• A normal ejection fraction is about 50% to 75%, according to the American Heart Association.
  • A borderline ejection fraction can range between 41% and 50%.
Even if you have a normal ejection fraction, your overall heart function may not be normal. Talk with your doctor if you have concerns about your heart.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/ejection-fraction/expert-answers/faq-20058286

Myocarditis. They stopped short of saying the risk was too much at all, but acknowledged with a third dose the risk would outweigh the benefit. From the little I read.
Yep, apparently young men have a higher incident of cardiovascular issues as apposed to their risk of being hospitalized from a covid episode.

Back
Top Bottom