Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

my problem with the mandates is: why aren't the UNEMPLOYED mandated in any way? I need a vaccine to go to work to pay taxes to support people who don't /can't/won't work?????
But aren't the unemployed mandated in many ways, indirectly? There are places they can't go unless vaccinated, like concerts and other public venues. Is this a good reason for the employed to refuse, like health care workers, for example? To say, "he doesn't have to, so why should I?"

We have defeated polio and smallpox through universal vaccinations. Why are we dragging our feet over Covid, protesting our personal liberties over public safety? Are we going to start refusing to protect our children from the childhood diseases that decimated our population in the past? Why? So we can defiantly wave our flags of liberty over the graves of our loved ones? This is madness.

We have defeated polio and smallpox through universal vaccinations. Why are we dragging our feet over Covid, protesting our personal liberties over public safety? Are we going to start refusing to protect our children from the childhood diseases that decimated our population in the past? Why? So we can defiantly wave our flags of liberty over the graves of our loved ones? This is madness.
My great grandmother barely survived childhood polio and lived with a disability her entire life as a result.
It is because of vaccines that I never have to fear that fate for my child.
Our modern society takes so many things for granted... I really wish all these "crusaders" could put their passion into a cause that makes sense.

"indirect" mandates are not the same. I am vaccinated but question why part of society can choose to not be vaccinated when they rely on us to support them. Why do they even have a choice? Get your shot before you can get your check!
I think you make a good point. I don't know if the unemployed are the biggest part of the problem, however. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom