Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Actually, the antifreeze suspicion is understandable. In post #24,132, the listed components for the Moderna vaccine includes propylene glycol. An internet search of antifreeze ingredients lists propylene glycol.

Easy to see how that would be interpreted as the vaccine contains antifreeze, even though it would be more correct to say the vaccine and antifreeze contain some of the same chemicals.

I find it interesting that some who would refuse to consume (for example) hot dogs because of the chemical preservatives have no problem injecting chemical preservatives as part of a vaccine (any vaccine, as I’m sure they all contain them).
Propylene glycol is also found in ice cream, liquid sweeteners, and soda. Very common in pharmaceuticals, including OTCs like Tylenol and Ibuprofen.
Cherry picking + social media = uninformed righteous indignation

Yes and unfortunately my husband believed the hype. He also died 12 days ago in a crowded Anchorage Alaska hospital where he was housed in the emergency room with 30 other people until he went to the ICU.
He left the end of July to do a warranty job for his company never having a clue that he might not come back home. He was 56 and in good health.

Yes and unfortunately my husband believed the hype. He also died 12 days ago in a crowded Anchorage Alaska hospital where he was housed in the emergency room with 30 other people until he went to the ICU.
He left the end of July to do a warranty job for his company never having a clue that he might not come back home. He was 56 and in good health.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Propylene glycol is also found in ice cream, liquid sweeteners, and soda. Very common in pharmaceuticals, including OTCs like Tylenol and Ibuprofen.
Cherry picking + social media = uninformed righteous indignation
I don’t argue the widespread use of glycol compounds. I do understand how the idea regarding antifreeze and the vaccine came into existence.

It is characteristic that both sides of any argument will engage in “cherry picking” and righteous indignation is not unique to one side or the other. It is unfortunate that fingerpointing and name-calling have taken the place of civil discourse.

My condolences. Your story is a stark reminder to live and love every moment to its fullest.

Yes that was for @saysfaa . they were asking about the efficacy rate in terms of tites. Its all greek to me as well but I didnt even know what that word meant. Actually thought it was a misspelling. I googled it and that came up.
One kind of antibody test, tests whether an antibody is present but doesn't tell if there is enough to react to an antigen (antigen can be a virus or bacteria or any substance a person is allergic to).

Titer is a different kind. It measuring the concentration of an antibody. A lab dilutes the blood (or maybe part of the blood) until it doesn't react with the antigen anymore. The amount of that dilution tells them if you would get sick if you were exposed to that antigen in real life. The amount of dilution needed is different for each antigen but consistently different in different people.

I learned of titers when my sister got chicken pox as an adult and had a hard time with it. I was pregnant at the time and worried for my baby; I didn't get it when most kids in my kindergarten class did and didn't think I'd ever had it. My OB ordered a titer. It came back showing I had antibodies so the OB said I must have had it without enough symptoms to notice and whatever the case, I couldn't get it.

One of the universities I went to needed more vaccines than previous schools did. One of them, I knew I had had as a child but I didn't have the paperwork for it; the doctor had retired years before. The titer was less expensive than getting that vaccine again so I got the titer done. It proved I was immune to the satisfaction of the school.

I don't think a titer would tell definitively that a person will never get covid again because there are a few illness in which the immunity fades and it might not cover every variant that ever comes alone. The vaccine doesn't do that either.

Last edited:
Every time I ask my dr they say we don’t do that here.
I know. The level needed to be confident that all but the extreme outliers are immune hasn't been set yet.

Measles was set based on two people. Another disease was set with the people from one dorm. The "we don't know enough" reason given for why the level hasn't been set is really thin.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for comfort 🙏

I don't think we have any statistics showing that anybody has died as a direct result of the vaccine, however. 🤔
“As of August 30, 2021, there have been more than 369 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in the U.S. During this time, VAERS received 7,218 reports of death (0.0020%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine but a causal link to the vaccine has not been established, according to the CDC. "However, recent reports indicate a causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets- which has caused death," according to the CDC website.”

You are correct, no direct causal statistics. I did get the vaccine. Just pointing out the only info that seems to be available.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom