Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I'm generally in agreement with @BigBlueHen53. It seems that there are those who won't get vaccinated against Covid because they think the govt is trying to control them, that there is some subversive reason to have people vaccinated, same as with mask mandates. And many of those people aren't going to take the precautions the "overseers" are suggesting, if not outright mandating, because their "rights" are being taken away. What they don't consider is that they do not have a right to inflict a deadly disease on others and if they choose not to get vaccinated they should also choose to isolate.

I don't think the fact I am fully vaccinated, and as of Friday "boosted", makes me invincible, just safer should I get exposed. I still mask at the grocery store since we have a too high rate of cases.

Not as a form of shaming or anything but wouldn't it be nice if there was some indication that the vaccine had "taken" and you could feel safer out in public? Or know that it didn't and there is now no way in this world you want to be out where there are people who could be dispersing Covid?

Good plan and excellent timing on the job schedule :D Hopefully you are negative. Sounds like the kids will make out OK and hopefully will not share with anyone else.

There is some bad history for minorities with regard to mistreatment by the medical community that make them suspicious. The Tuskegee syphilis experiment is one. I THINK that because the very same vaccine is given to all people of all races/backgrounds/ages (down to 12+), 409 million to date, makes it easier for them to consider the vaccine is not a threat to them.

I would think there would be a lot of consternation if someone came up with an experimental treatment for sickle cell anemia since it is primarily a disease of those with African ancestry.

Vermont did have a lower level of uptake by the BIPOC community of the Covid vaccine in the beginning but it has gotten much better. The latest data shows the white population (94% of the population) has 81% with at least one dose, the black community (1.4%) at 76%. Indigenous (.34%) at 30% and Pacific Islanders (.05%) at 29% is more concerning. Not sure why they are so low.

No one? Then why do those "theories" keep getting spread?

Lots of things will kill you if you are exposed to too much of them.

@Jory, I am SO sorry for your loss, you must be living in a horrible whirlwind of emotions.
:hugs

I guess your kids are older than mine since the chicken pox vaccine came out in 1995. (kids born '93 & '95)

Since you have had chicken pox you are at risk of getting shingles. Having had that, 1 of the 2 most painful experiences in my life the other being kidney stones, I suggest you look into getting the Shingrix shots. They hurt, noticeably more than the Covid vaccine, but WAY less than shingles.
I love your post! It is wonderful! :goodpost:❤️

I use one of these to pick up trash along the trails when I'm hiking.

deluxe-gopher-as-seen-on-tv_30140_zoom0.jpg
I use those to get out of reach eggs

I got one of those grabbers at TSC for DW a couple of years ago. With her RA she can't always get down to floor level. And yep, it is really useful when something falls down behind the chest freezer or other deep impossible to reach into crevices.
Got one for my MIL for christmas last year because she nearly fell off the step stool trying to grab a piece of Tupperware from the top cabinet. She ended up pulling a ligament in her hand doing the exact same thing out of sheer stubbornness. That grabber is shoved in the closet right next to the kitchen. I guess she was offended by it but I saw it as something that would be really helpful to her. In-laws...amirite :idunno

I saw the binax tests on the clearance shelf at Meijer a couple of weeks ago for 50 cents. I think theyve discounted them there now. Not sure why other than the fact that they do offer PCR tests at that pharmacy now. They also had face masks for 25 cents. I always check the clearance when I go there because thats where things go before they no longer carry them.
Must be more popular here, they have a limit of two per customer.
Dr visit and any pharmacy that does them even with ins test is $65.
The Walgreens that does free testing is a half hr drive one way not something I want to do a bunch of times .

Back
Top Bottom