Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I’m taking my first vacation time next week to see my elderly stepmother next week, and I’m not interested in bringing her COVID, despite us both being vaccinated.
Tough situation. Sounds like the employer doesn't have much regard for the people that make it possible for the company to exist. I wouldn't rush back in.

Make sure you are really negative before you go visit anyone elderly or with a compromised situation.

I have a son that is a truck driver. Drives through the west. Thank goodness no problems for him yet.
Either he has a compliant truck or doesn't enter Cali, they are hard on it can't even have farm trucks non-compliant.
Here in NY they don't have that law of retrofitting older models, just that all new trucks must have it. And farm equipment exempt.
Though I have heard glider kits here (making new trucks out of old parts) is going to be stopped.
I've never had drivers complain about going to Cali prob pretty much if they know they're banned just don't go.
Only complaint I've ever heard many times is most down right refuse to go to Canada. From what they say going to Canada no prob it's getting back into the USA, their home that the probs begin :th

Rambling (ranting, more accurately) about this here as I have no other place. Feel free to ignore.

At the very end of this past work week, with two hours to go in my day, we were informed that a coworker tested positive and that all of us working had been exposed. We had the choice of taking leave for a short time, getting tested ASAP and taking leave until negative results come in, or working regardless with KN95 masks. We all work on top of each other and no one has been feeling great, so almost everyone decided to take leave until we test negative.

Shockingly, It turns out that we need employees to run, and it’s hitting the fan not even one full day into this. I got tested this AM, but am getting pressured to go back early. I’m just angry because we’ve never been appreciated, and we can’t even make sure we are COVID negative before going back to work. I’m taking my first vacation time next week to see my elderly stepmother next week, and I’m not interested in bringing her COVID, despite us both being vaccinated.

I don’t know what to do.
I know every state different but I don't see Vermont being less strict than NY.
Here employer doesn't have a choice it's up to public health and they require forced mandatory no choice quarantine, not your choice or employer for anyone contact traced to being in contact with a positive. Ten day quarantine and it doesn't matter if you test negative and have no symptoms and want to work it's mandatory/forced. I ran into this last Easter with oldest DD testing positive who was with us for the day.
I figured we all had it then but apparently not cause we all have it now lol.

I know every state different but I don't see Vermont being less strict than NY.
Here employer doesn't have a choice it's up to public health and they require forced mandatory no choice quarantine, not your choice or employer for anyone contact traced to being in contact with a positive. Ten day quarantine and it doesn't matter if you test negative and have no symptoms and want to work it's mandatory/forced. I ran into this last Easter with oldest DD testing positive who was with us for the day.
I figured we all had it then but apparently not cause we all have it now lol.
Really? We were told if vaccinated and came into contact with someone at lunch with masks off while eating lunch (6feet away), that because we are vaccinated no need to quarantine. If you happen to admit you were closer than 6 feet away with no mask, you get written up. Sometimes the break room is crowded. 🙄

Found out today work said I will get full pay for this week. If for some unseen reason public health pushes my quarantine beyond ten days then they/we will have to go through the hassle of filling out FMLA paperwork.
Then my HR says what did they say? Ain't heard from them yet, actually haven't heard from them yet on our kids either from a week ago but between us and the school we decided to keep them home, school wants us keep them this week also. She says wow your joking..
So she says when did you first have symptoms?

Rambling (ranting, more accurately) about this here as I have no other place. Feel free to ignore.

At the very end of this past work week, with two hours to go in my day, we were informed that a coworker tested positive and that all of us working had been exposed. We had the choice of taking leave for a short time, getting tested ASAP and taking leave until negative results come in, or working regardless with KN95 masks. We all work on top of each other and no one has been feeling great, so almost everyone decided to take leave until we test negative.

Shockingly, It turns out that we need employees to run, and it’s hitting the fan not even one full day into this. I got tested this AM, but am getting pressured to go back early. I’m just angry because we’ve never been appreciated, and we can’t even make sure we are COVID negative before going back to work. I’m taking my first vacation time next week to see my elderly stepmother next week, and I’m not interested in bringing her COVID, despite us both being vaccinated.

I don’t know what to do.
I'm so sorry. Hold the line. You can't make them respect or appreciate you but you can send a message by showing respect for yourself by putting your health first. None of this is your fault.

Found out today work said I will get full pay for this week. If for some unseen reason public health pushes my quarantine beyond ten days then they/we will have to go through the hassle of filling out FMLA paperwork.
Then my HR says what did they say? Ain't heard from them yet, actually haven't heard from them yet on our kids either from a week ago but between us and the school we decided to keep them home, school wants us keep them this week also. She says wow your joking..
So she says when did you first have symptoms?
Oops
So she says "when did you first have symptoms?"
I'd say Fri, had a bit of a prob waking up though didn't think too much of it, Sat was even worse just dang tired and no reason so did home test positive. So I'd say Fri.
She says "so who did you work with last week" (I thought she knew) I didn't
"You were on vacation?" No, you said I could work beings I was vaccinated and no symptoms at the time I decided knowing vaccinated doesn't stop me from getting it spreading it or dying from it I took the week off with personal days I had saved up for deer season.

If I didn't, there is only three people at my work that do my job, I work with one of them 10hrs on Wed and the other on Thur, all three of us would have been out if I worked last week like they said I could ....
Place wouldn't have shut down , but they would have had to make someone that hadn't done the job in years stumble through it for a week+.

Really? We were told if vaccinated and came into contact with someone at lunch with masks off while eating lunch (6feet away), that because we are vaccinated no need to quarantine. If you happen to admit you were closer than 6 feet away with no mask, you get written up. Sometimes the break room is crowded. 🙄
Same here. Last time a few were off because of close contact they were wrote up for not observing proper safety protocol of six foot distance. ..
Heard some complaining about it, I laughed, said remember back months ago when they all wanted us to wear face shields? Said the CDC considered it a physical barrier and no one would have to quarantine because of the physical barrier? Like we are in different buildings and don't breathe :lau.
Even the face masks they make us wear say right on them will not prevent airborne viruses including covid-19.

Back
Top Bottom