Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Thanks. That backs up what I suspected.
After almost 2 years working with covid patients (off and on) I caught a cold last week. I suspect my J&J shot from March is wearing off.
I'm seriously considering getting a second J&J AND a Moderna backup. Any input?
I'm wholly aginst mandatory shots but for ME, I'll be the first in line for any vaccine.

After almost 2 years working with covid patients (off and on) I caught a cold last week. I suspect my J&J shot from March is wearing off.
I'm wholly aginst mandatory shots but for ME, I'll be the first in line for any vaccine.
I read something about how if you get the J&J first you should get a different booster. DF ignored my suggestions and got a J&J booster with no reaction on top of his original J&J, which makes me nervous that it didn't work.

I still wear an N95 anytime I'm indoors: stores, church, etc. (not at home, though). Required or not. As long as I see pharmacists wearing them, I'll wear them. I figure pharmacists interact with the public all day and know what they're doing as far as risk management.

I have a good supply of N95s because I have allergic asthma and use them for cleaning the house, yard work, etc.

At the end of December 2019 and that first week in January 2020 I was shopping for more masks to use around the house and they were disappearing from the shelves - fast. And they weren't being restocked. In fact all respirators and masks were disappearing and so was other PPE. I know because I was trying to find Tyvek suits for house painting and they were also disappearing and not being restocked.

I had never seen that happen before. I knew then that Something Bad was going down even though we didn't know much about COVID yet. ☹️

I really don’t know how to figure out what is best.

It's probably too soon to actually have good data on that. Currently, as I understand it, any booster is better than no booster.
And I thought that the Moderna vaccine is the one with possible myocarditis issues in a very few younger people.
C-19 causes heart problems at a much higher rate than anything from a vaccine, again, as I've read.
No vaccine looks really dangerous to me, after having smallpox vaccinations twice, and experimental rabies vaccines. It's about the risk/ benefit ratio, always in favor of vaccinations rather than the disease.
Mary

Our state's head doctor is concerned about that because the percent of people getting the flu vaccine this year is way down. Now that I've signed up with a new doctor (previous one moved 35 miles south to where I used to live. I signed up with him when I moved up here because I didn't want to drive 35 miles to see a doctor even though it has so far been a fairly rare event) I'll be getting my flu vaccine, and apparently as now aged person, I should also get a pneumonia vaccine.

I'm surprised they were allowed in the hospital. Don't they check/test people who want to go in?

this one claims there is no actual evidence
The link you provided is an OPINION piece to a scientific research study published by a major peer reviewed medical journal. The author of the editorial obviously knows nothing of the scientific method. Correlation does not mean causation, it means there is a correlation! This study will provide other medical researchers to now attempt to replicate results or not, identify patterns, and search for causes. We need real science, not biased, big-pharma funded garbage such as what Pfiser, Moderna, JJ have done. There is a reason the FDA required Pfiser to study cardiac conditions for 3 years in order to fully approve their vaccine...it is because FDA noted alarming amounts of pericarditis, something pharma poo-pooed. Pharma sponsored study results ALWAYS must be viewed knowing the industry has money on the line. Sadly that whole process of real scientific study was not followed.
Sorry to be harsh towatd your post but this is something I am passionate about. I have been a co-principle investigator for medical studies and have published studies in major peer-reviewed medical journals so I know junk science when I see it. Suppressing real inquiry harms more people in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom