Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I had an extremely heightened sense of smell. It was strange. It is normal for me to experience the opposite of what the majority experiences with the same nature of sickness/virus. Everything still had the normal smells, with a variety of added hints. It lasted about three weeks. Afterward when my normal sense of smell returned, I had to relearn what stuff smells like. It left a lingering memory sense in that regular food now smells just a tad bland compared to the three week span of heightened sensory awareness.
Very interesting. Perhaps it is not the sense of smell the is removed but just merely it is augmented. Need more data please!

I thought covid got rid of your sense of smell? This is an interesting point. Anyone else experience this phenomenon?
Not in everybody, and even in those who experience it, it is not always permanent. I had the digestive version of Covid. No coughing. But could not eat or drink.

I had an extremely heightened sense of smell. It was strange. It is normal for me to experience the opposite of what the majority experiences with the same nature of sickness/virus. Everything still had the normal smells, with a variety of added hints. It lasted about three weeks. Afterward when my normal sense of smell returned, I had to relearn what stuff smells like. It left a lingering memory sense in that regular food now smells just a tad bland compared to the three week span of heightened sensory awareness.
That's interesting. Prior to Covid, I've always had "heightened sensory awareness" where smells are concerned. Like Agent Monk, I would call it a blessing and a curse. I'd be the first to notice a gas leak, for example. Or cheese starting to go moldy. It took several weeks for things to get back to "normal" for me, but it has. Compensation for never having great eyesight, perhaps.

Not sure about the statistic, I'm taking a 2 month break from the hospital.
But the ICU is where the quote is adjusted. We are often supporting the body aggressively to give it a chance to heal.
That's what the doctor said on CBS news tonight. Not sure what hospital he was at though, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom