Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Guess I have been hesitant replying to this thread. I have had a few people ask me this question. Frankly, it was a pain in the butt. I did get Covid right when the very first shut down happened. I lost work and money. With one of my jobs I am the manager and sole employee, which running the business pretty much by myself is already challenging but to add the Covid stuff on top was nuts. Back then at the start and even currently customers attitudes have been very hostile. I can tell story after story about how cruel people can be. I was planning my wedding when it all happened and did get married with a few adjustments made. Though on the bright side.. among the chaos, many wonderful things have happened to me. With the challenges it brought, it has refined me to be a better business person and have more compassion.

Guess I have been hesitant replying to this thread. I have had a few people ask me this question. Frankly, it was a pain in the butt. I did get Covid right when the very first shut down happened. I lost work and money. With one of my jobs I am the manager and sole employee, which running the business pretty much by myself is already challenging but to add the Covid stuff on top was nuts. Back then at the start and even currently customers attitudes have been very hostile. I can tell story after story about how cruel people can be. I was planning my wedding when it all happened and did get married with a few adjustments made. Though on the bright side.. among the chaos, many wonderful things have happened to me. With the challenges it brought, it has refined me to be a better business person and have more compassion.
Thank you for your story. I'm glad you've experienced personal growth in this hard time rather than struggling. :hugs

:hugs Congratulations on your wedding! Thank you for sharing your story. Covid has thrown many of our lives into a tizzy. I was just thinking earlier today ... You know how we look back at the people who lived through WWII and call them the Greatest Generation? Years from now, our descendants may look back at these years and call us the Toughest Generation for having survived Covid. Yeah, it's been tough. But look at us. We're doing it! We may not be doing it well, or gracefully, but we are getting through. Kicking and screaming, so to speak. But still. I think we need to give ourselves some credit. We're stubborn, opinionated, and strong. We're going to be okay.

Back
Top Bottom