Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Yes, DW also. It scares me that most people go through this with NO medical background. The last doctor said everything is normal, that I as sick and it's just taking a long time to recover. I don't know. I feel fine until I try to exert myself. Then I feel like I'm going to pass out. (Half hour work, 2 hours laid out on the sofa.)
Slowly but surely hopefully you will improve. It's been about four months for me, and I am 90% of normal. I'm not certain that my leg strength will ever return. My grandson now has myocarditis - he's on meds, and they tell him that in 6 to 9 months it should resolve. Nasty stuff.

Slowly but surely hopefully you will improve. It's been about four months for me, and I am 90% of normal. I'm not certain that my leg strength will ever return. My grandson now has myocarditis - he's on meds, and they tell him that in 6 to 9 months it should resolve. Nasty stuff.
I definitely know the feeling of the weakness and that it will never return. "Hang in there" sounds trite, but I was pretty sure I would be a goner by now for a while (or worst, lingering.)
The pulmonologist said it was cardiac and the cardiologist said lungs. DW and I found a cardiologist we had both worked with and respected on 'the plan' (she was a Cath Lab RN)
After another Card. Ultrasound (#5) he said "lets just do a Left heart 'cath' (go in and look, the Gold Standard.) I suggested a R heart to check for Pulm. Hypertension while we were in there. (If that was it and I only had a couple years, I wanted to know that too.) It was "all good" (for a 67 yo.)
Point being, more and more is coming back, (even some things I thought were gone for good ;)). We'll see what happens. What else can you do?

Last edited:
Yes, DW also. It scares me that most people go through this with NO medical background. The last doctor said everything is normal, that I as sick and it's just taking a long time to recover. I don't know. I feel fine until I try to exert myself. Then I feel like I'm going to pass out. (Half hour work, 2 hours laid out on the sofa.)
Yes this fatigue is horrible. Getting a booster helps for a while

Yes, DW also. It scares me that most people go through this with NO medical background. The last doctor said everything is normal, that I was sick and it's just taking a long time to recover. I don't know. I feel fine until I try to exert myself. Then I feel like I'm going to pass out. (Half hour work, 2 hours laid out on the sofa.)
I am sorry. I feel the same way a lot

Do they know he got myocarditis? From covid ?

Not certain that you/they can 'know' what causes myocarditis. But in a young man with long covid symptoms it becomes an assumption. Sadly, medicine is not an exact science.
In my own personal experience doctors spend a lot of time guessing something is going to work and not knowing. I remember someone telling me once that paranormal science is not science because "it can't be recreated in a lab". But every human body reacts differently and can't be recreated in a lab sooo....one could argue medicine is not science at all 🤷‍♀️

one could argue medicine is not science at all

Often medicine is more about finding out what it is *not* ... to try and figure out what it *might* be. Sometimes it happens quickly. Unfortunately sometimes it is quite a long process.

My aunt and uncle went recently to get their covid vaccine. She is a retired nurse of 40+ years and in her 80's. He is 90 years old and had covid last summer despite being fully vaccinated. He had lots of issues left over from it. After getting this last vaccine, the new one that supposed to cover omicron, he had a very bad reaction that lasted about 2 days. Scared my aunt to death. She was feeling bad too but not at all like him. He had high fever, was very lethargic, breathing problems, and he couldn't tell his wife of 40 years her name. He was completely incoherent. Still not 100% but much better.

I just don't know anymore. Hubby and I are way past due for vaccine boosters and both of us are considered high risk for complications from covid due to age and health issue. Will probably get the shot but this stuff is still just as scary to me as it was in early 2020.

Back
Top Bottom