Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

And yes, @Hayden Goseek , good science is NEVER 'settled'.

I understand that people are perturbed at the fluidity of the great work. "I was wrong, here's a better answer" feels like a betrayal to some people. But we must always, always, question and improve. That is the very basis of "quality control" and progress. Once you know better, do better.
I was actually upset about the opposite reaction. What I meant is 'science' is by it's nature always being challenged and possibly changed. If it can't be questioned, it is not science but probably 'political science or what I call Scientism'.
This is my complaint about 'Settled Science' or using computer models as proof. (What happened to garbage in; garbage out?)
I think we agree on more than we disagree. (To the disappointment of our fans.) :lau

I mean, labor is cheap there. Don't hate on the Reds, tho, they gave us some really sweet firearms. Modern-day China is really capitalist, in spite of the communism veneer.
Labor IS cheap, there is an old trueism; "You don't want to live in a country that makes Barbie dolls."
Agree about the firearms. I wish I had bought all those SKS when they were $80. and in barrels at the end of the counter.
I would say that lately the ChiComs are mostly communist / fascist with a veneer of capitalism.

Labor IS cheap, there is an old trueism; "You don't want to live in a country that makes Barbie dolls."
Agree about the firearms. I wish I had bought all those SKS when they were $80. and in barrels at the end of the counter.
I would say that lately the ChiComs are mostly communist / fascist with a veneer of capitalism.
They are still going for about $300-ish. Got a nice landlord-killer from the late '50s Mao-era for $290.

Well, I admit I am trying to figure out of 'riots' is a dog whistle for 'protests against killing black people'. I have easy access to downtown ATL and I was involved with a lot of actions against police overreach while on leave.
Not sure I've ever heard a 'dog whistle.' I have never even heard OF them except on MSNBC.
I don't know anyone that has a problem with protest. Now if the definition includes a billion dollars of damage, insurrection, destroying businesses and neighborhoods and hundreds of deaths that is another issue.

Honestly, a lot of it had to do with "I'm too old for this s#i%". They did their best, were silenced, or pushed aside. Their reward for decades of service to the American people was derision and abuse from politicians and public alike.

ditching my career would be a bigger disservice to patients in the long-term.
:bow

Honestly, a lot of it had to do with "I'm too old for this s#i%". They did their best, were silenced, or pushed aside. Their reward for decades of service to the American people was derision and abuse from politicians and public alike. My own mid-career lab work deals with tracking down, identifying, and stopping outbreaks of bacteria, fungi, and viruses in hospitals or illnesses caused by manufacturers cutting corners. The unofficial motto of our group is "Someone got lazy, stupid, or greedy". Our lab had specific experience with handling PII that we got tapped to handle the CoVID surge mid-summer 2020 after the scandal with the (beautifully made, but hard to use) CoVID detecting PCR kit that our respiratory diseases group had developed. There's still plenty of healthcare-associated infections to go around, and me ditching my career would be a bigger disservice to patients in the long-term.
But why was the public misinformed? I understand the morale of what you're trying to commit to the job but why was misinformation even allowed to occur?

It is currently NOT known. The best use of genetic tests like 23 and Me would be to identify people who have a tendency to develop cytokine storms in response to respiratory diseases like CoVID and flu by looking for certain genetic markers, right? But no, this private company just sells its data to insurance companies so they can jack up deductibles and rates on people who fall in to more vulnerable categories. :p
Knew it. You know you want all that DNA data...if only they'd sell it. Either way those companies are deceptive with what they're doing with your DNA.

Back
Top Bottom