Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Heard it can take a couple weeks before symptoms show, if they show
Soo it's not that SD and LD aren't working, just not soon enough

Oh they are having an impact. Just remember that many of your governors activated things far later than here, and some still don't believe the reality of what may be.

Aren't we concerned that Covid-19 may also, world-wide, eventually, given its contagion rate, the fact that people may spread it for weeks without knowing they have it, and human behavior? I mean, I realize it hasn't killed millions yet, but .... isn't it on track to do so?

ETA: I hope I am wrong!
It depends on who you believe.
The sad thing from my perspective is the virus isn't what is going to be responsible for the death count. What is doing the damage is the epidemics mismanagement. by our politicians.
It can be managed as other countries have shown, Singapore, Cuba, South Korea, Sweden, Germany to cite a few. The gross stupidity in the UK for example is killing people.
There is no doubt that Covid-19 has the potential to kill Millions if our politicians don't pour funds into health services. So far many seem more concerned about looking after corporate business and worrying about getting reelected.

If you look up the 1918 pandemic, it's very frightening, way worse than what's happening right now. There were also no ventilators or antibiotics for secondary infections, and a world war on, which made things worse.
Estimates are that about 1/3 of the world' population got it, and 500 to 100 MILLION people died. In the USA the number of deaths was well over 600,000.
So about a 10% death rate. 😭
Mary

My question is: what happens to the homeless? They don’t have a home to shelter in place.

I think most states are using some form of temporary housing (like buying hotels or even using parking lots) to "house" the homeless but I don't think they can actually compel them to use the facilities or stay put, unless they're being treated.

I hope they get toilet paper on the shelves soon, don't know how much longer we can keep this up.

:( I went to grab some veggies today at the co-op and stuck my head down the paper aisle... toilet paper and paper towels! I didn't get any but a lot of shoppers had a pack in their carts. Store had a limit on purchases to 2 of anything.

We have had a milkman available around here for awhile.

We also have milkman services, but since I can't drink milk... :confused: But I have seen them making deliveries to other homes.

A bit of dark humour.
We (humankind) tend to think we have no predators. This is just one of the many little monsters that are trying to kill us.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4275845/
1585846295055.png

There, that will help you sleep better.:p:lau

Back
Top Bottom