Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

We never never imagined something like this happening so IMO its hard to see mistakes when their is no protocol covering deadly viral pandemic that kills many world wide, but very easy to point out what is assumed by some to be wrong. IMO

This is simply untrue. Here is Bill Gates in 2015 explaining exactly what we're seeing play out now: https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates_the_next_outbreak_we_re_not_ready?language=en

He twice met with President-elect Trump in person to discuss how important it was to prepare for pandemic.

There is no excuse for being caught flat footed. There is no excuse for the lives that will be lost -- have been lost -- needlessly.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to get in a mosh pit but most of metal concerts I went to were in large arenas where they prohibited them. By the time I got to see a show in a smaller venue, the years had passed and the crowd was a lot more mellow so everyone just kinda headbanged by themselves. People brought little kids and stuff, not very metal. :lol: Hubby wouldn't have let me get in the pit anyhow (he used to do it and would come home bruised up).

Most of the venues I go to technically prohibit them too (and crowd surfing) but everyone does it anyway! :lau and they don’t usually care. I think they have the signs up just mostly for liability reasons so they don’t get sued or whatever if you get hurt cause they can say you didn’t follow the rules.

And oh wow :lau still sounds fun though!!

But oh wow that’s exactly why I don’t go in them!! 😂 though the ones I go to probably aren’t usually that crazy or dangerous but still haha I usually go to like pop punk but even those can still get pretty crazy and intense sometimes!!

Yeah I think it's obvious at this point that that's all a matter of perspective. My mother in law's family immigrated to flee from the Nazis. I think she'd agree she'd rather face a virus...
Oh yeah, definitely perspective! I’m sorry, I wasn’t trying to imply that WWII wasn’t scary or anything!!! I’m sure it was for many, many people, like your family, and I know many lost their lives and everything but I’m just going off of what my Nana said. I don’t necessarily agree. And of course it is perspective too like you said. She is from the US so probably less scary here than in Europe.

And oh wow :lau still sounds fun though!!

But oh wow that’s exactly why I don’t go in them!! 😂 though the ones I go to probably aren’t usually that crazy or dangerous but still haha I usually go to like pop punk but even those can still get pretty crazy and intense sometimes!!

Well main reason he didn't want me in them was the guys get pretty handsy with women, which makes sense, but... I still wanted to try. :p

He said even with the bruises, he was having a great time. Well, not being slammed into, but he said crowd surfing was an amazing feeling.

This is simply untrue. Here is Bill Gates in 2015 explaining exactly what we're seeing play out now: https://www.inc.com/geoffrey-james/bill-gates-slammed-donald-trump-this-morning.html

He twice met with President-elect Trump in person to discuss how important it was to prepare for pandemic.

Here he is in 2018 saying how inadequate Trump's grasp and response to the need is: https://www.gatesnotes.com/2018-Annual-Letter

There is no excuse for being caught flat footed. There is no excuse for the lives that will be lost -- have been lost -- needlessly.
Not to get this political, but the last few Presidents had the same information (I'm including this one), and we are 'caught flat footed' as you say, yup. So what are we to do? Lay a blame game politically or deal with the crisis at hand? I'm going to be optimistic, USA (and the rest of the world) has been through many hardships through the decades/centuries, and we have always come out on top.
We've also been warned for decades of possible EMP attacks that could kill millions. Not going to happen? Yeah well we never thought we could be in the situation we're in now.
When we get through this (IF.., sorry I'm optimistic but you never know)
We will be better prepared, and maybe wisen up and prepare for other probabilities.
:hugs

Happening here in Houston...
IMG_20200402_210905.jpg

It seems the only reason to say something like the other poster posted was to troll.
Or it could mean she sees the absurdity of the policy of excluding people from donating blood when the country really needs it because of outdated and bigoted policies. The blood supply ois safe and it has nothing to do with excluding gay people it has to do with the fact that all the blood is screened.

Yeah well we never thought we could be in the situation we're in now.
Yes we did think we could be in this situation, we even used to have a pandemic response office in the white house. The truth is we knew in December and did nothing until March. 3 months of denial and sitting our hands is costing lives. Now could cost lives, is costing lives.

Back
Top Bottom