Coturnix quail crowing!

Mom 2em All

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Dora, Alabama
My male quail is crowing- loud annoying bird, lol. I thought I had all females- at least they looked like female to me. The only one I wasnt sure about was a pied- white chest, chestnut body.
Guess which one is making all the racket? Yep, thats it.
Standing tall and proud, and sounding every bit like a loud chicken : BAAAAKAAAAKKKKK BAAAKAAAKKKK over and over again out there, before the sunrise.

They are six weeks old today.

i was thinking about keeping 2 of my coturnix chicks here with me ( a pair ) but thanks you helped me make my decision LOL i'll just stick with keeping my button quail pair

Aww how cute. He's finding his voice.
wink.png
Did you other eggs get here yet??

Miss Prissy,
This website: http://www.thatquailplace.com/quail/coturn1.htm

has
a picture of the male and female. Much easier for you to look at that, than my feeble attempt at describing it.
smile.png

I gave my coworker all but 8 of my babies. Im down to 6 now- honestly I do not know what happened to two of them. They escaped somehow. I could hear one or both of them calling out from somewhere one evening...and honestly thought that come morning, I would find them close to the pen- but nope.
Im sure they became lunch for something.

This one male is going to get me in trouble with the neighbors, though. I had no idea they could be so loud!

Back
Top Bottom