Coturnix quail crowing!

lol...for you, Miss Prissy, you will probably not even hear them for a long time. For me, in a suburb- with neighbors twenty-five feet away from where their pen is- and where they are ILLEGAL for me to have....very loud. A big risk for me. Wouldnt want to get busted having chickens because of one male quail.

However, if the serama roos are no louder than that- I may run a risk of keeping one.

edit: I have three males! One female.

Last edited:
Mine male sound like a wild bird chrip it's a two or three part sound. It's not very loud at all not like my roosters. My daughter loves to hear him chirp and he doesn't do it very often. Sometimes he will chime in with the roosters. I have a brown male for sure I think I may have a golden male also but it's still real young and hard to tell.

Last edited:
Three non-stop crowing male quail are now in a box in my kitchen- and they are still doing their "BAA KAAA!", lol. When the text you read says they crow throughout the night, it is telling the truth. Fine in a country setting- not so fine in a suburb with close neighbors.

I am going to give them to my coworker. He is raising them for food and eggs. I will ask for one hen in return. She can keep my other girl company.
I am certain that poor lone female will appreciate it. All they did constantly was chase the poor thing, and crow.

Last edited:
caf.gif
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom