Couch to 5k - training for people new to running

Just saw this now after a too-lengthy absence from BYC.

Jenn and everyone- I am absolutely in. I am right now going to go lace up and hit day one.

Thanks, y'all!

Welcome!

You're inspiring me to make sure that I hit the pavement tonight after work.
smile.png

Just got back! Did day one! Aparently I did more than I was supposed to becuase I too do not wear a watch and I took almost fifty minutes. Oops. Maybe I'll wear a watch next time.

Dog had a good time too although the starting and stopping thing confused the heck out of her . . . Yay! Thanks, you guys.

Last edited:
LA~Poulet :

Someone told me that there is a C2-5K ipod download that is free-basically each week he has a timed recording with 'run now' 'walk now' etc. I haven't used it myself but they liked not having to think and just do it.

When you find it will you PM please, I would love to have it​

Quote:
When you find it will you PM please, I would love to have it

me tooo please! :) Thanks!
Havent been out yet today, btu tis gorgeous and I am going to finish up a little bit of work here and get going!

I had to take a few days off for surgery but I did day two today. It was SO much easier than day one. I think I can actually do this!

Also, these are the podcasts I am using http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/page4/files/category-7.html

They're
free and he has them both in M4A and MP3 format - to get the MP3s, just click MP3 podcasts at the top of the page. This one is music and a guy telling you when to walk and when to run. The music is relatively non-annoying techno, and the guy doing the podcasts is friendly and encouraging. I could never do this without them!

There are others listed here, including some with no music at all, just cues on when to walk and when to run: http://www.c25k.com/

Good
luck everyone!

Last edited:
Our coach had us do this interval running where we jog to a light pole/telephone pole and then sprint to the next one, jog to the next one, sprint, jog, sprint, jog and we go for about a mile or two.

so due to me being timid and afraid to move on I've been doing each day twice (plus I dont have to complete program by a certain date so I'm taking my time with it) and I just finished day two for the second time...on to day three!!! I hope to complete my first week tommorrow!!! yay! Didnt have time to check out the podcasts this morning but I sure will! Thanks!

so i went to download the podcast, but i am stupid when it comes to this stuff. How do I get them from there onto my ipod? I subscribed thinking my itunes app would find them but it didnt and i dont know if it will work since their mp4s? I couldnt figure out how to get mp3s? (I'm using the first link you gave)

Back
Top Bottom