Could anyone help with colors?

Sep 25, 2020
Forestville, NY
I have a lavender Tom and a black Tom. I have a lavender hen, a bronze hen and a bourbon red hen.
the Bronze and Red were my first turkeys about a year and a half older than the others and hand raised, as far as I could tell they hate the toms are believe I am the dominant as they always squat at my feet. I have tried locking them up with the toms are they flip out.

their eggs have always been infertile but these eggs I hatched they can’t all be from the lavender pair, like each chick is different!

29B66E67-B621-4C79-A1C8-E2272DC96F7F.jpeg

Attachments

• 62CC63DF-0065-4F56-919D-418323620929.jpeg
    62CC63DF-0065-4F56-919D-418323620929.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 60
I have a lavender Tom and a black Tom. I have a lavender hen, a bronze hen and a bourbon red hen.
the Bronze and Red were my first turkeys about a year and a half older than the others and hand raised, as far as I could tell they hate the toms are believe I am the dominant as they always squat at my feet. I have tried locking them up with the toms are they flip out.

their eggs have always been infertile but these eggs I hatched they can’t all be from the lavender pair, like each chick is different!
A Lavender tom aka Self Blue (BB CC DD) and a Black tom (BB CC dd) couldn't father those poults.

A Barred Black split to recessive white (Bb Cc dd) could.

To get the white poult, one of the toms and one of the hens would have to be carrying a recessive white color gene (c).

The odds are very good that the first poult pictured is from your "Black" tom and your Bronze hen.

A Lavender tom aka Self Blue (BB CC DD) and a Black tom (BB CC dd) couldn't father those poults.

A Barred Black split to recessive white (Bb Cc dd) could.

To get the white poult, one of the toms and one of the hens would have to be carrying a recessive white color gene (c).

The odds are very good that the first poult pictured is from your "Black" tom and your Bronze hen.
What about the othesr? all the chick’s pictured are different, there’s actually another one but it just hatched so I couldn’t get a picture yet. I was told the second chick pictured might be rusty slate?

Here are my two toms, two of my hens are behind them View attachment 3561936
I can't see the wing feathers on the Black to be able to tell whether it is barred or not.

You do not have a Lavender (BB CC DD) tom. You have a Blue Slate (BB CC Dd) tom. Lavenders do not have any black on them.

Is your hen a Blue Slate too?

What about the others? all the poults pictured are different, there’s actually another one but it just hatched so I couldn’t get a picture yet. I was told the second poult pictured might be rusty slate?
62cc63df-0065-4f56-919d-418323620929-jpeg.3561854
I doubt that this is a Rusty Slate. It is really hard to tell because I can't see the side of the face to see if has the white mask associated with the black color gene. The top of the head looks to have the markings that would come from a bronze color gene meaning that it could be from the Bronze hen or the Bourbon Red hen.

If your Slate tom is a Slate Semi-Color (BB Cc Dd RR) and your red hen is a Bronze Semi-Color Red (bb Cc dd rr), this poult could be a Slate Jersey Buff Semi-Color Semi- (Bb Cc Dd Rr).

Back
Top Bottom