could it be?? a pig with no eyes?

does it have to have the cane looking end? cus i found this one, its not wood, more of a plastic but its the only thing the feed store has thats close to it,
View attachment 2734723
Since these are called show sticks they will probably work. You just need something that is strong enough and firm enough so when you tap the pig with it, you can get him to go where you want. If this is what people are now using in the show ring, they are what you need. It has been years since I have watched anyone show pigs, so equipment used today may well be different than what I am used to.

Personally, I like equipment that works and is made for the purpose I intend to use it for. A stick would work, but you need one that is heavy enough, smooth, and that fits comfortably in your hand. A beginner is unlikely to get it right. Ten or fifteen bucks is money well spent to get something that won't snap off, hurt the pig, or give me splinters.
Sometimes not having "just the right" equipment can be used as an excuse to delay starting a task. This pig needs help NOW. OP has mentioned previously about parents reluctance to buy proper feed for other animals (turkey poult eating chick starter instead of gamebird feed) In this situation, if money is really that tight, working towards proper nutrition would go a lot further, IMO. (And use what you've already got to start working with that pig until something better comes along)

https://fossilrim.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/RS53005_CAC-049.jpg
show your parents this picture, this is what a healthy pot bellied pig looks like, and then sit down with them and tell them you want them to hear you out, and take you seriously, a overweight pigs life will be dramatically reduced, he has very high chances of heart disease, and is most likely to have a heart attack, specially in hot weather. And as well with becoming blind, your pig can also loose its hearing, and when that happens your run the risk of having your pig become aggressive because it becomes afraid of its environment. and while you are having this talk, make sure you tell them how you feel about this, that you are scared for the health of your pig. If they try joking about it feel free to show your emotions and tell them they are upsetting you and you want them to take you more seriously.

ok 20 mins tillfeeding time so ya, then my parents told me the i cant feed 1 cupp anymore... they asked what will i do if i starve it? would he be starved if i feed 1 cup of food each meal? he has two meals a day...
Unless your parents are looking over your shoulder at feeding time, they won't know how much you are feeding him or not feeding him. Just cut back. Potbellies are potbellies because they have a lot of intestine in their abdomens. Those intestines help the pig get as many nutrients as possible out of their food. That is important because in their native land, potbellies forage and consume mainly roughage. Here they get concentrated feed and that is what causes their problems with obesity.

Sometimes not having "just the right" equipment can be used as an excuse to delay starting a task. This pig needs help NOW. OP has mentioned previously about parents reluctance to buy proper feed for other animals (turkey poult eating chick starter instead of gamebird feed) In this situation, if money is really that tight, working towards proper nutrition would go a lot further, IMO. (And use what you've already got to start working with that pig until something better comes along)
I think she already is.

Earlier she was talking about getting a harness. The show canes she found at the feed store are cheaper than a harness and for her purposes would be more practical. The show canes she found are a lot cheaper than the stockman's canes I found.

https://fossilrim.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/RS53005_CAC-049.jpg
show your parents this picture, this is what a healthy pot bellied pig looks like, and then sit down with them and tell them you want them to hear you out, and take you seriously, a overweight pigs life will be dramatically reduced, he has very high chances of heart disease, and is most likely to have a heart attack, specially in hot weather. And as well with becoming blind, your pig can also loose its hearing, and when that happens your run the risk of having your pig become aggressive because it becomes afraid of its environment. and while you are having this talk, make sure you tell them how you feel about this, that you are scared for the health of your pig. If they try joking about it feel free to show your emotions and tell them they are upsetting you and you want them to take you more seriously.
I will have this conversation tonight.

I will have this conversation tonight.
Or if you think they will listen better to a vet than to you, you could tell them you think the pig is blind (since you really do think he cannot see), then have them get a vet to see the pig, and then have the vet tell them that the pig is too fat.

Or if you think they will listen better to a vet than to you, you could tell them you think the pig is blind (since you really do think he cannot see), then have them get a vet to see the pig, and then have the vet tell them that the pig is too fat.
Then they would notice I was right! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Back
Top Bottom