could someone please help me!!!waiting on eggs to hatch!!!

Quote:
Ducky has the MOST BEAUTIFUL runner ducks on Gods Green Earth
droolin.gif

Its so hard with posted eggs. I got mixed colours and was pleased with what I did hatch- But Australia post is not kind to eggs. I had only 9 hatch from 42 posted eggs in one setting last year. I have sold some eggs myself this year- the most recent- I just heard a few days ago was 6 of 8 eggs hatched. Fertility was not good with the ones I bought- and a lot didnt make it past 3 or 4 days of incubation. It is a risk- but a risk worth taking as long as you dont expect brilliant hatch rates every time.

gofasterstrip..... You flatter me...I dont have the most beautiful - just lots of them. But thank you- its nice to know they are appreciated for the gorgeous birds that they are.

Lia..Imagine these guys with orange beaks and more yellow colour to the down....Thats what you will be seeing in your own incubator in a few days.

46956_first_two_out.jpg

Here is some from my first ever hatch.
46956_last_year.jpg

And when they were a little older

46956_wiley_blue.jpg

This boy was one of my experiments.
46956_noggin_now_1.jpg

Any signs this morning of those little ones wanting to get out of those eggs??? Oh..And I can see your lovely ducks in your avatar now too. They look to be very friendly.

no sign at all yet i am really starting to worry! its driving my crazy! yeah my ducks were very friendly untill they started mating now they have backed off a little! they used to jump all over us when we came outside!!everytime i open the back door that always gets them going and they make a hell of racket and coming running to me! they follow me everywhere and even try help in the gardening! i just love them to bits!!

i have heard a "Tapping scratching" sound today a few times and i think i heard them making noises every faintly! and getting some small movements!!

wee.gif
I am excited for you!! I know how much I look forward to each hatch- even when they are only a week apart. I love hearing the eggs talking. Even as faint as the noise sometimes is- it can still wake me at night as I have my hatcher beside my bed. It could well mean that they have broken through the membrane and you will soon see the first cracks appear in the eggs. It can take 24 hours between breaking the membrane and breaking the shell..and then another 24- 48 to actually hatch- but at least you are seeing some progress.

today i have had on crack the shelf and i have been able to slightly see it trying to push its way through the hole is only a size of a pea atm! but i can hear her through the incubator now lol but only faintly! finger crossed she will be out tomorrow when i wake up

Back
Top Bottom