Countdown To Eggs! For June hatches 😊

1669860016459.png

I honestly don't know if the egg on the right is from one of my May (21st) or June (18th & 20th) babies. But it IS eggciting to see how many pullet eggs are in the basket each day!!! Yay girls, doing great!

So I was wrong…just found two very dirty blue eggs UNDER my coop! 😂

So my Ameraucana must have started Nov 30th, but didn’t figure out the nest box until Dec 2nd!

Luckily I am small enough to squat under the 2ft of space to reach them. I was watching the girls dust bath and noticed something blue next to my Brahma…🙄

She’s such a quiet and drama free girl I didn’t even realize she started! I think the whole neighborhood knows when my Welsummer is getting ready to lay…BAAAAWWWWK BAAAAWWWWK

We got 18 plus 1chicks on Oct 3rd. so got a little time to wait. My question is when a chicken starts to lay how long will it take her to be producing the normal size egg for their breed? So far it is looking like we may have a couple of roosters plus the extra one that I think is a Golden Wyandotte Roo in our order. Ordered from McMurry (6 Buff Orrington, 6 Barred rock, & 6 Delaware) Was very happy with the company and my order. First time I have ordered chicks online.

We got 18 plus 1chicks on Oct 3rd. so got a little time to wait. My question is when a chicken starts to lay how long will it take her to be producing the normal size egg for their breed? So far it is looking like we may have a couple of roosters plus the extra one that I think is a Golden Wyandotte Roo in our order. Ordered from McMurry (6 Buff Orrington, 6 Barred rock, & 6 Delaware) Was very happy with the company and my order. First time I have ordered chicks online.
That depends…last year our sapphire gem was at large eggs in just a few days! Some of the girls took a few weeks to get to full size!

Back
Top Bottom