Countdown To Eggs! For June hatches šŸ˜Š

Most of my eggs are from May 22 babies. Egg on top with blood is a first egg.
View attachment 3343191

Below I have Fox fire eggs, hatching, first pip, and Isbar egg. day 19-20
View attachment 3343192
I want to be hatching so bad. šŸ˜­ Some of my favorite hatches have been this time of year. Iā€™m always happy to see some Foxfire chicks.
The specked eggs I just started getting reminded me of the past Marans I hatched from Foxfire (Cindy). Did you do a potluck lot?

Where did you get your Olive eggers?

I might only have a few layers but theyā€™re working consistently. 22524D59-C90F-4806-8370-185511AD177A.jpeg

So jealous! Delilah laid 2 eggs and stopped (nothing from her in 2ish weeks) dahlia still hasn't startedšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø they'll be 30 weeks this Sunday. On a good note my March pullets, Freya (favaucana) and Lilly (BLRW) are still laying, so I'll take that as a win, lol
Last year 3 of my April babies didn't lay till Mid Feb-beg if March. This year my CCL, an April baby still hasn't laid. My others all started and most stopped besides 2, but they slowed down.

I am wondering if my mid July babies will start in Dec/Jan or wait for longer days in mid Feb .. they are 20.5 weeks now.

Looking real hard at Inara lately... That comb and those wattles seem to be coming in on her. Maybe I actually will have a June baby come into lay before the new year? :fl

View attachment 3345059
Maybe Iā€™m wrong, but she doesnā€™t look ready to me. Also, they are notorious for taking longer to lay than most others.

Oh, I don't think she's ready yet for sure, just saying that her comb and wattles are suddenly noticeably larger than those on her female broodmates, so maybe soonish?

In other words, a gal can hope. šŸ¤­
I have some BCs that surprised me this year. They started laying between 7 and 8 months, but they were March babies, not June.

Back
Top Bottom